iPhone 7+ Camera Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by StoneCold X, Sep 21, 2016.

1. StoneCold X macrumors regular

I have had separate instances happen where my iPhone 7+ camera really darkened the picture. Both times I was on the 2x zoom. The first instance was at an AC/DC concert this past weekend. I was recording some songs and the video would get really dark at times even though there was plenty of light. The second instance was taking a picture on 2x zoom at my office and the picture came out almost completely black (see below)

[​IMG]

2. 8rlee8 macrumors regular

A friend was looking at my 7 plus on Sunday, 9/18, and opened the camera and it was flickering from light to dark. I closed the camera app in multitasking and reopened it and it was back to normal. Haven't had it happen since.

3. Sheboygan macrumors member

Sheboygan

Interesting-- I'll have to keep testing mine to see if it does that and especially on the 2X focal length setting.

4. Leon88 macrumors regular

Experienced the same thing today too. Went out shooting with my 7 Plus and was toggling between 1x and 2x zoom then all of a sudden it seemed to black out. Killing the camera app and reopening seemed to have fixed it. Hoping its a simple software bug.

5. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

OP, I've noticed some over/under exposure at certain times. It might be software calibration issue that Apple is working on for a future release. Let's submit a bug report.