iPhone 7 Case w/ water

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Tayloner, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Tayloner macrumors newbie

FINALLY just got my new iPhone 7 Plus, I want to get a case like always (especially with this finish because it's slick as hell and very prone to dropping), but I want to be able to use phone going in and out of the shower, pool, etc., without always having to take the case off.

Has anyone water tested the Apple silicone cases now that the 7's are out? How do they respond? I'd prefer to have an Apple case, and leather is out of the picture due to the water, but not sure if the silicone will hold up over the long haul.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

If you are getting you iPhone wet in the pool or shower you will need to remove the case to get any trapped water out. The silicone cases from Apple are not going to stop water from getting to your phone.

You need to pretend like this is last year iPhone and not think it is water proof as it is not. The 7 is "more" water resistant so you can not freak out in a rain shower or from sweat. If you love your phone do not swim or shower with it.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

And just remember it is technically just water resistant. They do not recommend taking it in the pool, shower, etc. The idea is that it can basically survive water and rain, but you shouldn't intentionally expose it to water on a regular basis.

There has been a lot of discussion as to whether water damage will be covered under the manufacture warranty, even though it states it is not covered. The original apple watch was water resistant, but water damage was actually covered.

I would highly suggest you get AC+ if you plan on actively using the phone in the pool, shower, etc.

4. geoff5093 macrumors 68020

geoff5093

You shouldn't leave the case on, as water gets trapped between the case and the phone. Best case, it will leave lots of water spots on the phone.