iPhone 7+ cases fit iPhone 8+?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by baummer, Sep 15, 2017.

1. baummer macrumors 6502a

Wondering with the slight dimensional changes on the iPhone 8+ if current iPhone 7+ cases will still work on the 8+? I imagine it might depend on the case in question.

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

From my understanding, they will work. I would think the dimensions are marginal enough where it might be a tight fit, but should be the same.

3. AE14 macrumors 68000

AE14

this is what I have heard as well. I am hopeful, since I have a ton of 7 plus cases

4. RealSkyDiver macrumors 6502

I noticed how many case makers now list the 8 and 8 plus with the same shipping time as the other cases even-though the exact measurements of the phones weren't known beforehand and it takes at least a few weeks to manufacture them with a different size which makes me believe that they all just reuse the 7 and 7 plus cases.

5. DynamicSausage macrumors 6502

DynamicSausage

All of the cases on the Apple Store are listed as 7+/8+ so yes, they are the same

6. ValhallaOutcast macrumors regular

ValhallaOutcast

I would say yes even all the official Apple cases are now label 8+/7+

7. kawalerzysta macrumors regular

kawalerzysta

Seen same things. Was browsing Incipio website and it looks that iPhone 8/8+ cases are ready to ship and they basically same stuff that is listed on their website in 7/7+ plus section. I like their Octane cases so went to Amazon and bought Octane for 8.99. It might be good idea for people interested in new/different case for their 8/8+ to just buy cases marked 7/7+ since it looks may of them are being discounted.

8. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68030

SactoGuy18

I do, however, highly recommend getting a better protective case if you're going with the iPhone 8 or 8 Plus. Reason: the switch back to the glass back, which may make the phone more fragile (despite Apple's claims on using the strongest glass material available).

9. PhillyGuy72 macrumors 65816

PhillyGuy72

I saw this yesterday. First off I want the ZAGG screen for the new IP8+, the 40.00 version which is extremely durable is on sale at Best Buy for 19.99. I can do that.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/zagg-i...r-apple-iphone-8-plus-crystal-clear/5579276.p

From what I can see the IP 7+ cases will fit iP8+, just the slight update in the packaging to show IPhone 8+ compatible
    Black silicone has always been my fave for my iP6+, Apple store has them, 39 still.

Walmart (ugh I hate that store) does have a black leather , other colors on sale right now...few bucks off

Some iP7+ cases were on "clearance" at Target in selected colors...like black for 15 bucks! Some were showing the price of $35. But there is only one Target store that carries black silicone, maybe a bright yellow (not for me) - only says "2 left" That price jumped to 38 again as of this morning...

The previous post though of "get a durable one - Reason: the back glass back, which may make the phone more fragile (despite Apple's claims on using the strongest glass material available). "

- Yeah I'm thinking more on that level also!

Ive always been pretty good not dropping the iP6+, only 2 times! Both times I felt very lucky because of the way it hit the concrete..top right corner - both times! . Silicone case only got a tiny nick but no screen crack. If I did this again with that glass back..Im not sure if I'd be so lucky next time. That back glass replacement I assume will be a very costly repair, aggravation I do not need..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. ValhallaOutcast macrumors regular

ValhallaOutcast

Yes I can 100% confirm ^ above

I just ordered a 7 plus and the official leather case from apple, the leather case now says 8 plus on the front, fine print on the back says compatible with 8plus and 7 plus

11. pdxa4 macrumors 6502

I also have a number of 7 plus cases, but I've been mostly using the Evutec carbon case as it has the magnet built into it (which I use for my vent mount in the car) hopefully this same one will work with my ordered 8 plus.