iPhone 7 concepts are looking good..!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BMcCoy, Nov 22, 2014.

1. BMcCoy macrumors 65816

BMcCoy

I particularly like the first design on this concept from Martin Hajek.

Keeping the 4.7" screen size from the iPhone 6, but shrinking the phone size right down..
    Smaller top and bottom bezels, and an edge-to-edge side-to-side display.
    Looks good....

Several commentators are already suggesting the "S" branding for the alternate year upgrades is no more, given that the "S" year typically feature higher spec upgrades than the non-S phones, and now with a tweak to the form factor of the phone, they are just as much, if not better, improvements.

2. goknicks macrumors member

edge to edge looks nice, but not functional for me as I use the bottom part to rest my thumb....

3. CEmajr macrumors 601

The S brand is here to stay. do people not realize how much money Apple makes from using the same external hardware design for two years straight? They're not going to a year to year design change in the foreseeable future. So now we're speculating on a phone that won't be released until 2016?

4. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

This. Not only is the S brand a money saver for Apple but for the general public...by the time new cases and accessories come out the new iPhone is already coming soon...going from every 2 years to every year for a new design would just be a pain...I don't understand the obsession with killing the bezels off....it makes good protective cases difficult if not near impossible to build. And something like a LifeProof case is going to be near impossible for sure on a design like the concept...I like it but I don't really think its functional...it just looks cool....the iPhone 6 already compromised enough with going cool looking vs functional.

5. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

No way is the next phone going to be redesigned!! :D

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. I can't imagine that Apple would change the physical size of the 6s.

7. Stunned Monkey macrumors regular

Seems to me that edge to edge concept would be a real issue for people who like cases that come up over the edge for protection.

8. keatth macrumors 6502

Ew that speaker on the top is fugly and so android. Apple would never do that.

9. Frost7 macrumors regular

Frost7

That size shrink would more than likely be enough to make it largely usable one-handed again... which is the only reason I did not buy a 6. If that was the iPhone 7, I'd buy it.

10. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

i'd rather buy a 6s... i like the bezels to rest my fingers on

11. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

Some of those images are pure fantasy. I'd like to see someone release a glass face with holes cut that close to the edge. And wasting LCD real estate by cutting holes for speaker and home button?

12. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I find the full screen design to be hideous and intriguing at the same time.