iPhone 7 cost in 6 monthes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lancastor, Sep 25, 2016.

1. lancastor, Sep 25, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016

lancastor macrumors 6502a

How much does a used iPhone 7 (7 Plus 128GB matt black) costs in 6 monthes?

Is a 50$ price drop realistic?

2. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

You can buy one second hand for less or some retailers might offer promotional discounts. However at Apple the price will remain the same price until the next iPhone is released.

3. Omega V, Sep 25, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016

Omega V macrumors member

Omega V

There are a lot of factors when it comes to the resale value of a used iPhone but to give you a little idea:

1. Is the phone unlocked (can you use any SIM card) or is it locked to a wireless carrier?

2. Do you have the Verizon or Sprint iPhone 7/7 Plus model (this model has the ability to be used with GSM or CDMA networks from what I've seen unlike the AT&T or T-Mobile models.

3. What condition is the phone in at the moment its being sold (like new condition, scratches, cracks, water damage, etc)

4. Is the phone paid off in full or does it still have payments required by a wireless carrier or a 3rd party?

5. What color is the phone?

6. How much memory does the phone have because the higher memory size versions will probably hold their resale value better since they aren't the most popular and are normally more difficult to find.

Overall I think the iPhone 7/7 Plus model should command the same prices that you see with the 6 and 6s models and in 6 months I'm sure at minimum you are looking at $100 - $150 drop in price. No one is going to buy a used phone that is only $100 - $150 less than a brand new one I think. Also you have to remember in the next few months the SIM free fully unlocked model should be out from Apple so you have to deal with that also when trying to resale it.