iPhone 7+ Crashing When Opening Camera

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dan-K, Sep 26, 2016.

1. dan-K macrumors regular

Hi all,

Wondered if anyone else has experienced the following issue.

Upon opening the camera using any app that uses the camera (Camera, Snapchat, Instagram) my phone will sometimes crash, going to a black screen with white spinning wheel and then after 5 or so seconds returning to the passcode entry screen.

I wondered if this was a general software issue in relation to iPhone 7 (+) or if I should return?

If it matters, I'm using an iPhone 7+ Matte Black 128gb.

Dan

2. Chumlee_ macrumors newbie

What version are you on I think 10.0.2 fixed it

3. dan-K thread starter macrumors regular

4. Chumlee_ macrumors newbie

have you tried a hard reset holding down the sleep/wake button and volume down until you see the display goes blank and the apple logo appear Now release both buttons and your iPhone 7 Plus should reboot and hopefully clear any problems. if that doesn't work try a system restore.

5. simps100 macrumors regular

I've had a tonne of crashes today whilst taking pictures within messages - strange as I've been on 10.0.2 since it come out and today's the first day this has started!

6. Kalvin00 macrumors regular

Mine's done it a few times. Usually when switching between zooms or trying to switch modes in the camera app. Running 10.0.2.

7. Low country macrumors 6502

So now it's looking like 3 GB of ram is not enough for the dual camera. jeez Apple!!!