iPhone 7 default wallpaper

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alexberry, Sep 17, 2016.

1. alexberry macrumors member

Hi,

I finally got my iPhone 7 black today, and I was surprised / disappointed that there don't appear to be any new live wallpapers specifically for the new phone - I was expecting to see the new coloured blob in a variety of colours as shown in the various Apple marketing clips.

Could it be because I restored my new phone from my old 6s backup via iTunes as soon as I got it home? In which case, is there anything I can do to restore the new iPhone 7 wallpapers? Or does the new phone now actually feature these new wallpapers as depicted?

Thanks...

2. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

No new wallpapers unfortunately.

3. alexberry thread starter macrumors member

That's most disappointing, but thanks for letting me know. You've saved me the bother of restoring my phone.

Alex.

4. freepomme macrumors 6502a

[​IMG] This is strange. Those blobs are supposed to be there. You're supposed to get new wallpapers with the new OS and most certainly the new phone.

But you know, I think it's a mistake because this has happened before. We're supposed to get the wallpapers as advertised.

I'll document this and send it to Apple, hopefully they can put those blobs in the next iOS 10 update.

Sometimes people can even go in and find the code for the wallpapers and realize they're hidden.

5. alexberry thread starter macrumors member

Can I just check - are they missing even for people who didn't restore an old backup but started afresh?

6. scwinsett macrumors 6502a

scwinsett

Yea a friend who got his 7 already let me play around and we were both surprised not to find new wallpapers. he set his up as a brand new phone, and there were no new wallpapers

7. alexberry thread starter macrumors member

Thanks... I'm sure this is an oversight by Apple and will be resolved in due course.

8. shk718 macrumors 65816

I was wondering about that myself. I wonder what happened

9. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

It's true. iOS 10 on all devices comes with just one new stock wallpaper. Maybe they will add more in 10.1 or another minor update if they realize that people are disappointed.

10. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust