iPhone 7 design concept

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by warden, Dec 2, 2015.

?

Did I improve on the 6s' design?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. Can't decide

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. No

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  1. warden macrumors member

Tried my hand at sketching a possible future iPhone design. I tried to eliminate the hardware/software distinction (think Apple Watch) and allow the iPhone to entirely assume the identity of whatever app is launched. The power button on the side has become the home button - it can be held for an extra second to switch the screen off. The headphone hack has been removed, dual speakers have been introduced, and the camera has become flush with the body. The back surface is a matte black, and grippable.

The image with the Music app icon shows how the animation would look as it's launched. Parallax makes the icons look 3D, and of equal thickness as the phone itself.

Attached Files:

2. venomgt95 macrumors 6502

venomgt95

I don't forsee Apple going completely bezel-less. It's a nice concept though.

3. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Beautiful in its appearance but impractical without a small bezel to assist holding securely, it's a challenging decision.

4. tsang2320 macrumors demi-god

Definitely neat and elegant, but a fleeting thought of it cracking makes me..

5. warden thread starter macrumors member

I'm imaging holding it as I already hold my iPhone, with the necessary improvements in palm rejection software (like the iPad Pro) to avoid accidental touches round the perimeter.

6. Skika macrumors 68030

Where is the front facing camera? Where is the speaker(for calls)?

7. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

I believe you're on the right track.

My comment simply reflected my personal taste. :D

8. warden thread starter macrumors member

The front facing camera remains where it is in the iPhone 6s, albeit higher up the face. However it is not visible. The speaker is internal (a problem for now).

9. Skika macrumors 68030

But where, the whole front face is a screen? You essentially stripped and thinned down an ip6 design, forgeting the engineering challenges and practicality completely.

10. warden thread starter macrumors member

The entire screen acts as a Touch ID sensor. I probably should've explained how all the existing features function in my initial post.

11. noobinator macrumors 601

Pretty, but not possible with the technology that exists today (if you want to keep full functionality that is).