Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GadgetBen

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 8, 2015
London
With all these leaked photographs and videos going around all seemingly revealing similar iPhone 7 models in great detail, what does everyone think about the possibility of an early iPhone 7 launch this year?

Last year I don't recall there being this many leaks with various models and when we did get some photos, I don't remember it being this early.

Unless of course, Apple is deliberately loosening security around a fake version to test where the leaks are coming from?

gim

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2014
Preorder September 16, release September 23.

So yeah, 2 days earlier than last year.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
With all these leaked photographs and videos going around all seemingly revealing similar iPhone 7 models in great detail, what does everyone think about the possibility of an early iPhone 7 launch this year?

Last year I don't recall there being this many leaks with various models and when we did get some photos, I don't remember it being this early.

Unless of course, Apple is deliberately loosening security around a fake version to test where the leaks are coming from?

How much time do you and others devote to these crazy schemes?

It takes XX lead-time time for the factories to produce sufficient stock so that when Apple accepts orders to the time that they deliver them, the wait is kept to a minimum or something reasonable.

These are some basic laws with manufacturing,etc which even Apple has to follow.

So can we please stop with these silly notions and at least speculate on something more believable?

KillaMac

Suspended
May 25, 2013
Won't happen. Apple is predicting everyone's yearly renews on their plans to switch to the new iphone so for them to buy it, it has to go in the same time frame as the last one.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Preorder September 16, release September 23.

So yeah, 2 days earlier than last year.

That seems fairly accurate. And Macrumors posted an article on the possible release dates on Saturday, July 23 for September.

Reactions: gim

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
possibility of an early iPhone 7 launch this year?
What would Apple gain from moving it up, and how far up do they move the release? Do they roll it out in August when many people still on vacation or at the very least summer mode? I don't see any benefit to changing the schedule because of the leaks.

Last year I don't recall there being this many leaks
Yeah there were.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
What would Apple gain from moving it up, and how far up do they move the release? Do they roll it out in August when many people still on vacation or at the very least summer mode? I don't see any benefit to changing the schedule because of the leaks.

Yeah there were.

The event is rumoured for the week of the 12th September, so I'm guessing pre-orders will begin on the 16th. I'm hoping this is correct I have a week off work that week :D

Reactions: 44267547

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010

That's not how it works, and there are no more leaks at this point this year than in past years. I already disproved someone saying something similar by posting a video from June of 2014 that showed the 6 and 6+ looking almost exactly as they did 3 months later at launch.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Pre-Orders Could Start September 9th

More energy building for an early launch this year.
[doublepost=1469690697][/doublepost]

Want to rethink that possibility?

I hate to break it to you, but I don't think that anyone considers that an early launch. Going on sale in mid to late September is what's expected. When you talk about leaks pushing up the launch schedule, I'm pretty most people were scoffing at the idea of it coming out in August or something. If you mean to suggest that the various leaks (which were actually no more abundant or revealing than in past years) are the reason why the phone may be launching about a week earlier than last year, that makes no sense because if the cat's been out of the bag for some time, what does a week earlier launch get Apple? The launch date was probably decided some time ago and has nothing to do with "leaks".

Last edited:
Reactions: ABC5S

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
If as the latest rumour suggests, Pre-orders will Start on the 9th, does that mean Apples even will be on Tuesday 6th September?

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Early launch indeed! 9/9 is the earliest launch date in some time!

Thats the pre-order, not launch. Launch will be Sept. 15th But technically 9/9 wouldn't be the earliest. The first 4 iPhones came out in June/July.

Event: September 7th, because Labor Day is the 5th. Pre-order will be 9/9 or 9/10. Launch will be 9/15.

Reactions: Dave245

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Thats the pre-order, not launch. Launch will be Sept. 15th But technically 9/9 wouldn't be the earliest. The first 4 iPhones came out in June/July.

Event: September 7th, because Labor Day is the 5th. Pre-order will be 9/9 or 9/10. Launch will be 9/15.

Don't iphones always launch on Friday?

It'll be announced on 9/6, pre-order on 9/9 and release on 9/16.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013

Yea, preorders will probably start on Friday 9th, and will probably release on Friday the 16th, so the week after pre-orders.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008

Ha you're right, was looking at July calendar, Friday the 15th. Announcement will be 9/7. 9/6 is the day after Labor Day, they always wait an additional day the week of a holiday.

[doublepost=1469807471][/doublepost]
Yea, preorders will probably start on Friday 9th, and will probably release on Friday the 16th, so the week after pre-orders.

I'm thinking we may see pre-order on the 10th because of the Wednesday event instead of the Tuesday event. We won't see the event the day after Labor Day, they always push it to the Wednesday. Last year they did pre-order on a Saturday because 9/11 was a Friday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.