iPhone 7+ freezing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by george999, Oct 20, 2016.

1. george999 macrumors regular

Hi everyone,
    this morning I got a phone call, and when I aswered it, my iphone 7+ completely froze. I couldn't hear the person on the other end, the home button did nothing, the power button did not work, and the screen was unresponsive. At the time, I didn't know how to to a hard reset (you don't need to hold the home button anymore I guess). After about a minute, my touches were recognized all at once, and the phone returned back to usable. It happened again about ten minutes later, and it hasn't happened since I did a hard reset.

I noticed in the battery stats after the phone unfroze that the standby time was the same exact time as the usage time, so it's possible some app was causing the phone to stay out of standby mode? the phone was sitting on a table for hours right after being unplugged. There should've been no usage time.

It's the first time this has happened to me on this phone, I'm running iOS 10.0.3.

Anyone else experience this? I'm a little worried, I don't want to have to get a replacement phone because my glass screen protector is aligned PERFECTLY lol

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

If it only did it once, it could have been a glitch caused by an application. I would monitor it and see what happens.

3. npolly0212 macrumors 65816

Mine has done it since I purchased it. It does it daily
    And will force quit apps and lock my phone up when I try to access messages and such

4. george999 thread starter macrumors regular

Hopefully this is an iOS 10 related issue. Really annoying for a brand new phone :/

10.1 can't come soon enough.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

My 7+ has had this button freeze twice. I am sure it is software related.

6. got556 macrumors 6502

got556

I've had this issue on my 6S (daily driver) once since on 10.0.2.