Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Globug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Brisbane Australia
I've been a happy user of iPhone since 3gs, and I was completely in love with all of them. When my last phone started spazzing out, and my birthday was coming up, i did what any sane normal person would do. I made a post on here debating whether or no to get the iphone 6s or 7, and ended up getting the iPhone 7. It was fine for a little while, but now its annoying me to hell and back.

The phone seems glitchy, apps and screen constantly freeze up, touch isn't working half the time, issues with apple pay, the battery life is atrocious, the list goes on and on. I'm just a week over my 30 days since purchased, and I'm debating to possibly return it and just get an iPhone SE instead, or even playing around with the idea of getting a Samsung galaxy edge 7. I've never used android before but this phone is driving me insane and the Samsung phone seems nice (a coworker has it).

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? (I've already been to the apple store and they told me there's nothing wrong with it, did a diagnostic and everything). The only "issue" in returning it is that i bought it in New York and I'm in Melbourne now. Thanks!

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
Sounds like a dud, and getting a replacement is the obvious solution, whether another 7 or just settling for an SE.

Globug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Brisbane Australia
yes but how can i get a replacement if they already ran diagnostics and nothing has come up, and i'm over my 30 days from purchase.

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
Do an fresh (delete and re-backup) iCloud backup, use iTunes to DFU restore with 10.1.1 ipsw image, and then restore iCloud backup.

Reactions: Applejuiced

Globug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Brisbane Australia
Do an fresh (delete and re-backup) iCloud backup, use iTunes to DFU restore with 10.1.1 ipsw image, and then restore iCloud backup.
how do i do that? i use to know but its been such a long time since i've had any issues i've become compacent and forgot. :(

Also would that delete all my games/text/etc?

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
If you do it correctly, all the data should be restored. Google for instructions.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Sounds like you have some app or something that is not behaving. I would reset the device and not install anything for a day or two to see how the phone works. If it works good the chances are something you had installed is causing the problem

Globug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Brisbane Australia
I'm at Apple now. There's an issue with my phone. The Bluetooth isn't working. They told me that they would have returned the phone and given me a brand new one but because I'm now in Australia they can only give me a refurbished one. Does that seem fair? How should I handle this?

lakaiordie

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2008

If the backup is corrupt this won't solve anything.
[doublepost=1478855843][/doublepost]
I'm at Apple now. There's an issue with my phone. The Bluetooth isn't working. They told me that they would have returned the phone and given me a brand new one but because I'm now in Australia they can only give me a refurbished one. Does that seem fair? How should I handle this?

the phone hasn't been out long enough for 'refurbished' its basically a new one in the white box. i'd do that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.