Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you miss the headphone jack on your iPhone 7?

• Yes, I miss it.

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No, I do not miss it.

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I know this was beaten to death when the phone came out and shortly after but I'm curious how you all feel about it 8 months or whatever later? I admit that I do miss it. I don't use it a ton but those instances where I do need it and don't have the dongle drives me nuts.

Reactions: Sunny1990

geoff5093

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2014
Dover, NH
Another question should be "does having a headphone jack cause a problem for you?" If you want to use wireless headphones, great. But I don't see why there's no reason to not have both. It's clearly not a space issue when you have such large bezels, and when Android devices are thinner with smaller bezels yet manage to keep it.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Another question should be "does having a headphone jack cause a problem for you?" If you want to use wireless headphones, great. But I don't see why there's no reason to not have both. It's clearly not a space issue when you have such large bezels, and when Android devices are thinner with smaller bezels yet manage to keep it.

I agree. Apple is just trying to be different. They used to innovate in design, now they just remove ports and add dongles.

Reactions: Sunny1990

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

One of the underlying reasons why I believe Apple deleted the 3.5 mm Jack, was to make way for the AirPods and which served as a portal to having them tandem with the iPhone. I know it's not agreed-upon many why it was deleted, but Apple believes the AirPods are the future of Bluetooth and by eliminating the jack, it puts the user in a position where they have limited options aside from the adapter could use with the iPhone.

AllergyDoc

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2013
Utah, USA
I keep the earbuds that came with my 7+ next to me on my desk, for phone calls. For everything else I use a cheap set of Monoprice earbuds and Apple's adapter. I think I've felt inconvenienced twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.