iPhone 7 headset. Dongle or Wireless?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by unibility, Oct 30, 2016.

?

Whose using what? Lightning Connector headset or Wireless headset?

Poll closed Oct 30, 2017.
  1. EarPods with Lightning Connector

38.9%
  2. Wireless Headset

61.1%
  1. unibility macrumors 6502a

flboseqc30.jpg
    Image obtained from CNET 2016.

I upgrade my iPhone 6S 128GB to the iPhone 7 256GB "Jet Black" model do to multiple battery failures with the most recent iOS update. Using the iPhone 7 or iPhone 7+ how many owners are using the included EarPods with Lightning Connector or their own wireless headset?

Personally I went with Bose QuietControl 30 wireless noise cancelling headset. I've only had them a week and the connective seems to be pretty decent and the headset does block out a lot of surrounding noise too. I do not take calls using the headset so I cannot comment on that aspect of it. Overall I am pretty happy with my choice.

I was just curious on your thoughts or experience with your chosen headsets. Post pictures of you have them.

2. Ironman1964 macrumors regular

Ironman1964

I am using the Jabra halo smart wireless earbuds. They work great, so far.

3. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

Short term I plan on using the included EarPods. Eventually I'll pick up a couple of different BT headphones, one for when I'm active(jogging etc.) and another with noise canceling for traveling and around the house.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

EarPods in the box for now. Awaiting the delayed Airpods for my Bluetooth experience.

5. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

Cheap Amazon for now. Not going to use the lighting port headphones. Don't want to add stress to that part of the phone.

6. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Once you go wireless, you'll never go back!

7. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Just bought some wireless headphones for £22 and will arrive today. Then will get my airpods when they are out.

Think this will be me going purely wireless. Can't see myself going back again.

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The Airpods will be sold out fast. Hopefully they release sooner than later.

9. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

I'm sure there will be a wait will just try and order as when available

10. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I have used the included EarPods, a $20 set of wireless earbuds from Monoprice, and my Beats Studio headphones with the adapter.

11. Archer1440 Suspended

Archer1440

I have a set of Jaybird Freedoms, and the Beats Solo3, and neither provide a rock solid connection 100% of the time with the iPhone 7. Just walking through Tokyo this past week the connection dropped frequently, probably due to electronic interference. I have had to re-pair both more than once (though to be sure it's a lot faster and easier with the Solo3)

On my transpacific flights there and back I used my Shure 535's and the Apple dock to allow the phone to be charged while listening with the wired connection.

Many of us with high end headphone preferences will not be able to go wireless 100% of the time.

12. R740 macrumors member

I use the Powerbeats2, but I always have my Lightning EarPods in my pocket or backpack. Because there is only one port for charging and listening to music, I prefer the wireless option, because then I can be sure that my iPhone will stay charged without compromising on listening to music. And the Powerbeats have much better sound quality over the original EarPods.

13. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

I have Powerbeats 2 but don't use them much as my primary use is for phone calls or listening to audio books which they are overkill for. I'll be getting AirPods when released as I can use one bud at a time which will be great for calls and books.