iPhone 7 Home Button Really a Bummer? (The Verge)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lancastor, Sep 8, 2016.

1. lancastor macrumors 6502a

2. Jigga macrumors 6502

From the Verge live site during the event yesterday, all of the writers were complaining the whole time including Walt which is sad and unprofessional to me.

3. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Jimmy James

I was a little concerned about the home button. I was hoping it was going to positively end the physical button once and for all. Without drawbacks. Can't wait to try it for myself.

4. TeeRav1 macrumors newbie

I have high hopes for the home button as I love my force touch trackpad. The Verge is full of whining now so I no longer give any attention to their opinions. We shall see once the review videos are out!

5. Fuchal macrumors 68020

I'm excited for it. I'm sure it has a different feel to it, but at least it'll be consistent the whole time I own it. My last few iPhones went from super clicky and springy to mushy with no click action within months.

6. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

I stopped reading the verge a long time ago, I don't really put much stock in what they say.

My force touch trackpad is great so I'm sure the phone implementation is going to be good.

7. Mattgfx macrumors newbie

I'm wondering if in settings you can make the home button tap sensitive ( not click) ?

8. lancastor thread starter macrumors 6502a

Also unclear yet: Are different forces used by the system: Ex.: Low pressure = normal click / High pressure = double click/multitasking

On the hands-on videos they showed only a setting to choose between three different feedback (knocks?!) types.

9. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

I'm a grown man. I'm sure I'll figure it out.:D

10. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Well, the Verge says they love the force touch trackpads but that the iPhone's feels un-natural and off.

11. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

I just wish they changed the rest of the buttons to force touch buttons with no moving parts. Anyone that hasn't used force touch yet, will find it a small adjustment but it really is a better change not only for physics of the devices but also for better haptics overall.

12. Nozuka macrumors 68000

First reviews definitely don't sound great. But apple says it needs some getting used to.. we'll see.

13. noobinator macrumors 601

I really think it's only a matter of getting used to it.

14. lancastor thread starter macrumors 6502a

The taptic feedback can also be tweaked a little bit via OS Updates.

15. Speechless macrumors 6502a

The Verge has been bitter towards them since the watch. I would go review it for myself waaaay before I take their opinion into consideration.

16. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

It's an honest opinion...one of many to come.

I think some will have to try it in the stores. I don't think this new button will fully replicate the feel of the physical one, but we'll have to see how this plays out.

17. sdwaltz macrumors 6502

I think it'll just be a matter of getting used to it.