iPhone 7+ Home Button short?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Aplmik24, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Aplmik24 macrumors newbie

Hey all,

I got a replacement for my iPhone 7+ today since I was having the hissing issue (and it was quite loud on videos).

After restoring my new replacement I realized that when the following are all true:
    1. Plugged in and charging
    2. In a case, or aluminum not touching your hand

Touching, not pressing. the home button results in it being fired ~4/5 times a second. Both my original phone and replacement appear to have this issue. Anyone else seeing this?

Both phones are running the 10.1 beta, but I do not think that is related

2. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

What's your experience been with the hissing on the replacement device? Did Apple ever comment on this?

3. Aplmik24 thread starter macrumors newbie

My original phone had a higher pitched coil whine sound. The replacement still has a super minor sound, but it is no longer picked up during 4K video recording.

The express replacement was initiated since after sending a video to Apple engineering through support, they decided they wanted my phone

4. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

5. rkuo macrumors 6502a

Often a result of using cheap knockoff chargers and cables. Test with certified hardware or at work where the power might be cleaner.

6. RyCan3 macrumors 6502a

RyCan3

What's the week?

7. Aplmik24 thread starter macrumors newbie

My original was 37, replacement is 38.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 27, 2016 ---
    Yea I was able to try at the Apple Store and my car and there was no issue.
    All of my cables and chargers are OEM, something must be going on in my apartment, just don't know how I didn't notice. All of the outlets here are giving me the same issue

8. sekazi macrumors 6502

Have you tried charging though a UPS to see if it still happens?

9. Aplmik24 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have not, don't actually have one. Might pick one up for by my nightstand

10. burgman macrumors 68000

burgman

Weird, just tried it on my 7 no problem. Have you tried different chargers or plugged into a computer? What do you mean by fired? 4 or 5 times a second would be hard to count , does the screen unlock or any other weirdness happen?

11. Aplmik24 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea many different OEM chargers. Plugging into a computer has no issue whatsoever.

By fired I mean it's as if I am pressing the home button very rapidly just by placing my finger on the home button. The phone acts perfectly fine, just makes it difficult to navigate around while on the charger in the case since pressing once will sometimes open the multitasking menu

12. sekazi macrumors 6502

APC makes ones just for low power devices. I use it for my nightstand it works great and is also great for power outages. Amazon's price is fairly high. I got mine for $30 at a local store.

13. Aplmik24 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the rec, will give that a try. Such a weird issue!

14. Bbqthis macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

My week 37 7 Plus has the same issue, high pitched whine during video recording. Contacted Support and after the normal questions about SN, IMEI, and iOS version, they instantly asked how I'd like to handle my replacement. They definitley seem aware of the issue and I hope my replacement device does not have the same video whine. I don't care if the silicon sings La Boheme when it's under load, I just don't want to be able to hear it when I film.

15. rkuo macrumors 6502a

Most cheap UPS's are line interactive, which means they just pass the power through unless there's a full outage. You specifically would need to buy something that conditions/filters the power.