iPhone 7 home button

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DevinNj, Oct 21, 2016.

1. DevinNj macrumors regular

Is it just me or does it seem like it takes less pressure to register a press than when it was new? Maybe it's just my imagination, but it almost feels different after just a week.

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Hard to tell. I think now that my thumb is more accustomed to it I can double click quicker. Overall I like it more and more.

3. DevinNj thread starter macrumors regular

I agree, I may just have gotten used to it more. Have to admit I was skeptical when it was announced but I really like the feel, it's just cool.

4. Plumber007 macrumors member

Plumber007

Had the same sense and thought maybe it was 10.0.3. either way, my hands are always getting wet, waork and play, really appreciate the new button.

5. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I was fearful about the home button but it turned out to be my favorite feature.

6. pippakay macrumors member

pippakay

i had the same thought and was thinking it might be 10.0.3 as well...glad to know I'm not alone!

7. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Totally like this new home button also i have my old iPhone 6S Plus and iPhone SE with me

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I used my wife's SE this week and the physical home button felt strange. I'm now accustomed to the 7's button and the one of the SE felt squishy and "cheaper" somehow.

9. alanderp macrumors member

alanderp

It's the same to me, when my phone was new and now. However I found out it's pressure sensitive. If I press the home button lightly then it feels spongy, but if I press it firmly then it feels like a hard click.

10. Elwots macrumors member

It's probably because you were more careful with it when it was brand new. I find that I even touch the screen softer for the first couple of days, lol.