Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marine0816

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
USA
holding down power button with the home button trick seems to not work with iPhone 7. Can we not to do this anymore?

formerpc

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2009
Holding those two down always restarted the phone, not closed all apps. To restart your 7/7+ hold down the power button and the volume down button.

marine0816

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
USA
Holding those two down always restarted the phone, not closed all apps. To restart your 7/7+ hold down the power button and the volume down button.

actually it did. but you didn't hold it at once to force close apps that would restart your phone as you just stated

Reactions: charles4515

OriginalClone

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2012
He wasn't referring to restarting it. He means force closing an app. Holding down the power button until slide to power off shows up, then holding down the home button until I takes you to the home screen.
holding down power button with the home button trick seems to not work with iPhone 7. Can we not to do this anymore?
As far as I recall, it never closed all apps. I always thought it only closed the current app you were in. I could be wrong though. This method still works (just tried it) but you have to press the home "button" a lot longer than you used to.

Edit: it closes it, but does not quit the app. It's still in the app switcher when I double click (or 3D touch the left edge of screen.)

Last edited:
Reactions: rpramanik

marine0816

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
USA

nevermind, this did something different from what I first thought
[doublepost=1475194711][/doublepost]it force closes the apps, but you still see the cards in the app switcher

Reactions: formerpc
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.