iPhone 7 in a coma...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dwest73, Sep 16, 2016.

1. dwest73 macrumors newbie

IMG_6104.jpg
    Got me a new iPhone 7. Started to set it up, then it wanted to update to iOS 10.0.1 before restoring from iCloud backup. Never finished, and now it just sits there glowing, totally unresponsive. Nothing happens. iTunes won't recognize it. It can't be turned off or restarted. *sigh* I guess it's back to the Apple Store tomorrow.

2. WilliamG macrumors G3

What do you mean you can't turn it off or restart it? Of course you can. Hold down the Volume Down and Power buttons.

3. dwest73 thread starter macrumors newbie

Umm...

[​IMG]

Of course...they changed how you reset the damn thing. Eh, thank you for saving me from my own stupidity!

4. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

I wonder if something is going on with Apple's servers? I just got past the 10.0.1 update, reset/erased my phone and told it to restore from iCloud backup. I login fine, it shows my last backup, and when I click on it it tells me " Could not sign in. There was a problem connecting to the server". :(

5. dwest73 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, yes, since William G told me how to reset, I'm having the same problem you have.

6. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

Mine is working now. I think the servers are overloaded. I did reboot once just to see if it helped. Logged back into iCloud, got the same error. I tapped on my preferred backup about 10-15 times getting the same error message as I sat on hold for Apple Support. Then suddenly about the 15th time it just connected and started restoring. So anyone having this issue...DON"T GIVE UP!! :cool:

7. Shark5150 macrumors 6502a

Shark5150

It's busy, people! Few million are activating at the same time all over the world! Carrier activation is affected as well. If you're on Verizon, try calling the CS number and activate using automated system. Took me literally 15 seconds.

8. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

No issues for me, the only thing I had to do was update to 10.0.1 since that's the version my backup was on and once it restored it was fine.