iPhone 7 - iOs 10 - Home and Power button doesn't work!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ddany, Nov 12, 2016.

1. ddany macrumors member

Hello everyone!

I have just got a new iphone 7, and iOS 10.1.1 is running, the newest.

I attach you a video so you can see what I am talking about.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/64yxqo8ce3mrg48/ios10_i7.mov?dl=0

My phone sometimes just does not respond neither the home nor the power button. Now it was when the screen was locked , so it seems as if it was turned off, but NO, it was turned on.
    Last weeks this happened when i was sending a message in Messenger. The touch screen worked, I could type, and everything, but I could not lock the screen or quit Messenger with home button, because none of them worked.

Have any of you experienced something like this? I read on Apple Forums that some of us have this issue, but I don't know if it is a software bug, or hardware.

Thanks.

2. protox macrumors regular

It's now Volume Down and Power button to hard reset. I just got my iPhone 7 Plus JB on Thursday and have had 4 hard resets already.

3. ddany thread starter macrumors member

I know how to hard reset, but hey... We talk about a 800 USD phone, and Apple. And this happens every day.. Are you kidding me...?

PS: After a while , like 3-4 minutes, the phone carries out all the button orders i gave it. For example, If i pushed the power button 10 times, it locks and opens screen 5 times. So it seems like it gets frozen then it goes back to normal.

4. protox macrumors regular

Yeah, I understand. I'm thinking of getting an exchange. My 6 Plus from what I recall never had an issue like this. 4 in less than 2 days. Not only that, but I have the hissing while recording and my screen is a lot duller but not yellow as my old 6 Plus.

5. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

Have 4 of them in the house, about a month now. Think zero or maybe one hard reset.

6. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

Happened to me once. Nothing worked for about 30 seconds, then all the buttons I hit all reacted in sequence. I did a hard reset after that.

Of note, I was on 10.1.1 when that happened. I'm now on the public beta of 10.2 and it hasn't happened again. May just be coincidence?

7. ddany thread starter macrumors member

H
    I hope it will be fixed... It is such a shame that we talk about issues like this at an apple forum. Back in good old days there were no issues like this.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

It's like the forums were just empty back in the "good old days".

9. ddany thread starter macrumors member

I am not saying there were no problems, but not things like daily functioning.

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

All kinds of all kinds of things.

11. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Exactly the same thing just happened to me for the first time. Truly bizarre.

12. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

Are you on 10.2 Beta or still 10.1.1?

13. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

10.1.1 on iPhone 7.

14. macTW Suspended

There were dozens and dozens of more problems back then... Maybe you just got lucky then and unlucky now.