IPhone 7/IPhone 7 plus defects/issues thread*****

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ceviche Lover, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Ceviche Lover macrumors regular

Thought I was started this thread since we're early adopters.

1)My IP7/256/JB screen has a slightly yellow tint to it out of the box. Very noticeable when comparing to my IP6.

2)Front facing cam only showing half of my face. Had the same problems 2 years ago with my release day IP6. It ended up being a part near the front facing cam coming lose during transit and covering up half the lens.

Wondering if it's even worth it to visit the Apple store today? I'm thinking I should try next week.

2. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

Really?

The tint is normal. These phones are only weeks old, they're babies. It'll wear off, give it a week.

3. Ceviche Lover thread starter macrumors regular

It's not normal, plus my front cam isn't working. Wonder if they have any replacements available at the stores?

4. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

but we need another "official" thread brah.

official iPhone 7s black 256GB unlocked only thread
    official waiting in line at at&t store for iPhone 7 Plus Rose Gold 128GB paying in full thread
    official outside local mall waiting for janitor to open the doors so i can be in line for iPhone 7 silver 32GB on apple payment plan thread

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Sorry but the yellow does not wear off. The LEDs have a specific color temp and it does not change unless EOL.

6. Ceviche Lover thread starter macrumors regular

7. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

It does. My 6s had a tint when I got it. Doesn't now.

8. mi7chy macrumors 601

mi7chy

Agreed. I had a yellow spot on my iPhone that never went away. Safest bet is to exchange while you still can.

9. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Sorry about your front camera. The yellow tint is normal for the first week or so. I know you don't think it is, but it is. I hope you can get a new one soon since your front cam is out. Cheers...

10. warfed macrumors regular

It could be my monitor, or the picture. But the one on the left looks normal to me. The one on the right has a pink hue.

11. Ceviche Lover thread starter macrumors regular

I didn't know this at the time of the thread creation but there are now multiple threads regarding the yellow screen. Definately not normal.

12. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

All the asterisks make this thread legit over the others.

13. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Its entirely normal. iPhone 6s screen are more yellow than iPhone 6, as are the new iPhone 7 screens. I have herd from multiple sources that Apple went to a warmer screen tint. Thus appearing as a yellow screen. I have 5 iPhone 7/7Plus in my household. All have more yellow screens than iPhone 6.

14. brianjsw01 macrumors member

My 7 Plus has a cooler color temperature on the right side of the screen. In other words bluer whites in the right. Noticeable when reading from left to right. Kind of par for the course, will learn to get used to it.

15. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

My 7Plus is slightly warmer at the bottom of the screen and cools to the top. Other than that the phone is perfect. I will learn to get use to it in a week are two. Don't want to risk a worse issue like I did with the 6s and uneven backlighting.

16. hasek3139 macrumors 6502

my ip7 hess a way more notice warmer color than my 6s

http://imgur.com/a/bsDuy

ip7 on the left

its a Black 7+ 128GB

17. mhnkl macrumors newbie

mhnkl

Still, the 7's are not 25% brighter. Sure i can buy this about warmer color. But you can clearly see that we dont see any 25% more brightness. A whole 1/4 more light. Something is wrong, if its hardware software we will see.

18. jerry16 macrumors regular

jerry16

Makes you wonder... Is there some sort of official person officiating the creation of these official threads?? I mean, if they're not regulating, just anyone could make an official thread!:eek:
    --- Post Merged, Sep 16, 2016 ---
    Honest question - it's a new generation, how can one be sure this isn't Apple's intention?

I thought I read somewhere that there are two max levels of brightness - the first is what the user can set and the second is what the ambient light sensor/software can set - and the latter is indeed brighter. Can't remember where I read that or if it was legitimate or not.

19. Ceviche Lover thread starter macrumors regular

Was it their intention to lower the brightness when compared to an IP6 despite claiming it has 25% more brightness than an IP6s?

20. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

bottom 25% of my screen seems to be tinted more greenish, might be my screen protector, ill give it a week to settle in otherwise I'm getting a new one.

21. unchecked macrumors member

The flaring is quite bad on the new lens/camera. The row of lights on the wooden floor aren't on the floor, but flares from the lamp posts.

Attached Files:

22. Snot Rox macrumors 6502

Snot Rox

I'm on my 6+ and the one on the left looks normal to me too compared to the right

23. nostodnayr macrumors member

nostodnayr

At least the warmer one is consistently warm. It's too often (it seems) that people receive phones that are yellow in splotches or corners. My iPhone 6S had this.

24. Ceviche Lover thread starter macrumors regular

This is BS. If this doesn't get resolved with a firmware update in the next week I'm taking it back and sticking with my 6.

I don't feel like going to the Apple Store and playing 'panel lottery' either.

25. bsmsam macrumors member

bsmsam

So, my Plus arrived with a scratch. It's a super hairline scratch and it seems lame to be annoyed about. But I paid full price for it, and it sucks for something so expensive to arrive that way. I can't get a photo of it, but it's in the top bezel near the earpiece. Deciding if I want to try braving an Apple store tomorrow or not. (128 GB Black, AT&T)