iPhone 7 is going to be the best iPhone ever

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BigDO, Sep 2, 2016.

1. BigDO macrumors 6502

BigDO

Not in tge Apple marketing speak, but for real. The S models are always what the non-S should have been in the first place - everything is optimized, perfected, polished. The 7 is effectively a "double S" model which won't have any new features, but will improve on everything to do with the 6S.

The only thing I'm not happy about is the form factor (the current generation is the worst ever), but I'm willing to bet that the 7 will beat the staying power of the current champ the 5S.

2. sunapple macrumors 65816

sunapple

I think every new iPhone is the best ever, I'd choose the 4 over the 3GS, the 5 over the 4S and the 6 over the 5S. The iPhone 7 is going to be great because it's new. It's also going to be a bit boring because it might be just an 6SS. Problems or gates could still be present, you never know.

3. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Ehh, from what I've seen of the leaks, right now I'd probably take the 6S over the 7 if I was buying new. I'm a stickler for the headphone jack, though.

In terms of hardware grunt, I'm sure it won't disappoint and will be an improvement over the previous gen.

4. CEmajr macrumors 601

I'd take the current form factor over the 3G/3GS form factor

5. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

Touch ID is the same as the 6S, the taptic engine is the same also. Same alumium series probably. Same ram except for the Plus.... Same screen, same lighting connector

6. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Then iPhone 8 would be the best iPhone ever in next year.
    /sarcasm
    Seriously, 6 user may have some reasons to upgrade but for 6s users, there is little to no need to do so.

7. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

It will and should be if the new camera, 3gb ram, larger battery, and A10 processor show a marked performance improvement.

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

9. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

If it's not the best iPhone ever, it's an unmitigated disaster. Period.

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

Like so many said about the iPod on these very forums. ;)

11. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Every iPhone is better than the previous one.

12. ipaddaro macrumors member

the iphone 6 was better than the 5s? in which ways?

not considering dimensions, of course, because if one prefers little phone it would be a negative point...
    same power (little change, considering also that the 6 has more pixels than the 5s), same ram... bend problems, less refined design (antenna bands and protruding camera)... no particular new features...

the 7 seems to be a huge jump over the 6s compared the jump from 5s to 6, in my opinion...

13. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Same same same same same is the new Apple feature only Apple could sell.

Year after year after year after year after year... :eek:

14. C DM macrumors Westmere

Better camera, more LTE support, VoLTE support, 802.11ac support, NFC (ApplePay) support, which are new features. Still somewhat improved performance even if it's not by too much given a larger screen, more battery life given larger size, bigger screen, different design (which some aren't fond of, while others are quite happy about).

15. cynics macrumors G4

At a glance, higher resolution (same PPI on a larger display), better display (contrast ratio), NFC (ApplePay being the feature), Wifi AC, LTE bands, 240fps slow mo, M8 motion co processor and I'm sure other things I'm not thinking about off the top of my head. And of course the features of the Plus model like OIS and a larger battery if that is relevant?

Regardless if you find any of those things irrelevant to you than someone else can say the features the 7 offers over the 6S are equally as irrelevant to them.

EDIT: I step away for a cup of coffee and C DM beats me too the punch...

16. I7guy macrumors G5

But really, Samsung phones follow the same pattern, except features are deducted. And Samsung seems to sell 'em okay.o_O
    --- Post Merged, Sep 3, 2016 ---
    I liked the design of the 6 over the 5s (and have both). Bend-gate, meh. If you don't recall, apple pay was introduced with the 6, huge differentiating feature. Of course, one persons new feature is another persons meh.
    Yep, these are the obvious ones. Bluetooth 5?. But what is apple keeping under wraps(not counting the headphone jack). If nothing, it will be an incremental upgrade.

17. ipaddaro macrumors member

exacly... so imagine if one found this improvemente relevant how would react to a larger and better camera, improved battery, significantly faster processor (rumored), waterproofing (rumored), more storage, force touch home button..

to me, the iphone 7 won't be revolutionary, but it will be a good improvement over the 6s as some older and well received iphone were in the past.

obviously, i'm basing only upon rumors, the 7th september we all know how the actual phone will be...

18. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Well, they did add a special self destruct feature to their newest handset ;)

19. cynics macrumors G4

I agree. I think the iPhone 7 will be good upgrade and very typical of Apples (and other manufacturers for that matter) standard incremental updates. The longer you wait the bigger the upgrade will always be.

20. dotnet macrumors 6502a

dotnet

As they say, there is no such thing as bad publicity :D

21. deadsoul macrumors regular

The 5 series will always be the best, this "new" 6th generation is completely crap.

22. C DM macrumors Westmere

And then there are others that feel the opposite of that.

23. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Yep, my 6s is the first time I'm seriously considering skipping a year.

I have no complaints with it and the 7 is going to have to really impress me before I decide to upgrade this year.

24. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Jimmy James

It's going to have significantly revised hardware in a similar casing.

25. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

"What was better about that phone? (Except all the things that made the iPhone 6 better than the 5s"

So funny