iPhone 7 Jet Black Ringer Volume acting weird

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mjgillen, Sep 16, 2016.

1. mjgillen macrumors member

mjgillen

Right out of the box my shiny new iPhone 7 Jet Black is randomly adjusting the Ringer Volume. That is, I feel the taptic feedback as if I had pushed the Volume Up/Down buttons and the little pop up with the bell and "Ringer" shows up on the screen however I am not pushing any buttons.

This happened while I was going through the welcome/setup screens and I thought for sure I must be touching something. So I didn't pay any attention to it. Then randomly, and I really haven't used it all that much, minutes not hours, it does the same thing. Even while just sitting on the microfiber cloth that is its temporary resting place until I find something suitable for that beautiful yet swirl-prone finish.

So, anyone else see this same thing?

Of course I'm going into the Genius Bar as soon as I think they might have another new one to swap with me, probably in a month or two ha ha....

Michael
    PS: Just LOVE the 7, esp in Jet Black !!!!!!

2. EmkwanTV macrumors member

EmkwanTV

I'm having the same issue. Don't want to go to the local Apple Store tho. They'll likely replace with an iPhone without FaceTime (local issue).

3. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

Different issue, can't you download FaceTime from the App Store.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 27, 2016 ---
    No issues here.