iPhone 7+ Jet Black & Silicone case - Anyone else?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by shez, Oct 5, 2016.

1. shez macrumors member

shez

Ok so I ordered a JB+ & a silicone case to go with it. I originally planned to use the phone naked with AC+ and pop the case on when going to the gym.

I popped the case on the first day I got the phone just to test it out and see how it felt and since then I haven't taken it off! To me it feels better and I don't think I can live without the added grip and smooth texture of the silicone.

Anyone else?

2. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

Been using a product red on my 6 plus since its release. It feels good to hold but you will need to take the phone out to clean the edges. Might just use it on my 7 when it gets here and just cut out an extra space for the camera.

3. alanderp macrumors member

alanderp

Run my phones naked but thought I would give my JB 7+ a case because it "shows" scratches easier.

Tried the black silicone case for a day and returned it. I didn't like how lint kept getting trapped on top where the case met the screen. The silicone was also more slippery than the JB naked.

Now I'm back to naked and couldn't be happier.

4. elleana macrumors regular

How is your scratch situation though?

5. thatJohann macrumors 6502a

thatJohann

I also planned on getting a silicone case just for the gym. I bought the cocoa silicone case and really liked the look, although ironically the grip is better without a case on my Jet black Plus.

For sure, grip is better on the jet black without any case because the gloss is so sticky. I might have a case but just for going to the gym or hiking etc. Not for daily use. I don't mind the micro scratches on the back, the grip is just too good without the case so I prefer it that way. And it looks hella sexier despite the fingerprints haha

6. alanderp macrumors member

alanderp

Only damage is on the top antennae bad from when my coworker hid my phone on a dusty surface and slid it. A small micro scratch on the bottom right only visible in certain light. No big deal.

Haha yeah i kind of liked the silkyness of the silicone, but the jet black was just too nice.

7. chfilm macrumors 65816

chfilm

I think the scratch situation has been blown out of proportion! I got mine today and it feels more sturdy than people have made it appear online.
    My problem is with the finger prints! Especially on the apple logo they look really nasty..

8. theonekcrow macrumors 6502a

theonekcrow

I got a Product Red silicone case for my Jet Black 7+, and I have to say it looks pretty sharp in it. I do hate that it is a little more slippery, but I don't plan on using it all the time. Mainly for Pokémon Go sessions or situations where I may be holding the phone for long periods of time (like touring somewhere and taking a lot of pictures)