iPhone 7 Jet Black Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhone82, Sep 16, 2016.

1. iPhone82 macrumors member

iPhone82

I got mine from UPS a few hours ago. I opened the box, Which I like the fact that made it easier to remove the plastic from the box. Its just a pull now. No more knife needed! The phone looks great, I haven't removed the plastic off the phone yet. I'm waiting till later tonight to make the transfer. The box is completely with picture of the phone on it in color. Looks great IMO. Would love to hear from anyone who got their JB phones today and hear your first impressions and how you like using it!!

2. Howyalikdemapls macrumors 6502

I love the look of it... but I put a clear case on it and it kind of sticks to it because the grip of both the phone and the case are so grippy/tacky =/
    Not sure what I'm going to do

Attached Files:

3. one5n1ne macrumors newbie

WTF is up with this partially stuck iPhone and case?! Looks like ****. I don't know what I'm going to do either. Which case is that one? Mine is the Spigen Ultra Hybrid.

Attached Files:

4. Howyalikdemapls macrumors 6502

Ya I think mine is the same. Spigen Ultra Hybrid Air Cushion. Maybe other brands won't be so bad

5. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

Lol same situation here, I guess I have to go with the Apple case again...

6. one5n1ne macrumors newbie

Ugh. They make a great case because I used that same one for 6S. I'm going to email them to see what they say...
    --- Post Merged, Sep 16, 2016 ---
    But Apple doesn't make any clear cases...

7. Howyalikdemapls macrumors 6502

Good news! I bought one of those many cases off eBay for $2 or $3 from China and it doesn't stick!

The photo sucks because it's hard to photograph this highly reflective surface but take my word: no sticking!
    This is the case I bought that doesn't stick. It was $5 but there are lots on eBay from China that look exactly the same (and probably are exactly the same) for only $2 or $3. Bad part is they take a couple weeks to get here.

Attached Files:

8. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

Boy does that look bad. Such a beautiful phone that requires a case to protect it. You try to do the right thing with a clear case and it does the oil slick effect.

9. Howyalikdemapls macrumors 6502

Definitely keep us updated on what Spigen says. A lot of people are gonna upset about this.

10. unglued macrumors member

Damn you guys gotta get the skins, wraps, or peels those cases are bulky and dated.

11. one5n1ne macrumors newbie

Hmm, thanks. LOL so you bought two cases? Also, the edges of that case is kind of bulky and ugly, haha.

12. HaydenWI macrumors member

I have the same case, Spigen Ultra Hybrid, and had the same issue upon initial install. I was able to fix it by pushing the side of the case towards the back of the phone momentarily which let the air escape, if that makes sense. No more bubbles.

I was ready to return it and leave a 1 star review on Amazon before I fixed it though...

13. Howyalikdemapls macrumors 6502

This case was actually for my wife who got the rose gold but after the Spigen looked so ugly on mine I decided to trade her. The corners are a little weird but it sure beats that half stuck back from the Spigen.

14. one5n1ne macrumors newbie

Oh wow! Can you take a picture for us?

15. zea mays macrumors 6502

zea mays

I'm going for a best skins ever on the back and the RhinoShield Crash Guard. Have it in a Sea Blue Apple Silicone case right now. They look nice together but I want it as naked as I can get it and still have it protected.

16. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

I saw a customer pick one up at Best Buy this morning. That's a gorgeous finish.

17. HaydenWI macrumors member

Here you go! A couple of times tonight a tiny dot has come back on the Apple logo, but that was only about a mm in diameter. Nothing like before.

I did order a clear film for the rear tonight from slickwraps. I may ditch the Spigen for it, we'll have to see.

[​IMG]

18. one5n1ne macrumors newbie

Yeah, it's so beautiful.
    Wow! Thanks. So can you clarify... To achieve that look, is there an air gap between the phone and case?

19. HaydenWI macrumors member

When I first installed it, air was just trapped in between the case and the phone causing the air pockets. So I sort of half removed the case on one side of the phone for a moment, which allowed the air to escape, and voila; no more bubbles.

20. one5n1ne macrumors newbie

I GOT IT TO WORK! Thanks, HaydenWI! I'm actually not even sure if there is an air gap or not.

Howyalikdemapls, give it a try and try moving the edges around and then it will suddenly "pop" and all of that weird stuck layer will be gone!

21. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Found that for my galaxy s6 the ultra hybrid by spigen case came with a back (not quite sure reen) protector meaning it eradicated the bubble effect :)

22. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

I concur!!!

I got the same thing and waiting for them to ship :)

23. one5n1ne macrumors newbie

Oh wait. It's not permanent. It slowly oil slicked... Spigen will still get an email from me, haha.

24. fullauto macrumors 6502a

fullauto

Trying giving the phone and inside of the case a good wipe - it looks like trapped moisture?

25. one5n1ne macrumors newbie

There's most likely not any moisture because I peeled the protective plastic covering on both the case and iPhone all within 30 seconds...