iPhone 7 Jet Black vs other colors

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Super Xander, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Super Xander macrumors regular

Super Xander

Hello forum
    I am thinking about to put my Jet Black iPhone 7 128GB on sale. Do the Jet Black color have any advantages over the other colors with same amount of storage? Higher storages option as well a little more rare = Able to get a higher price?

And if so, how much do you think?

Thanks in advance.

2. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

Depends on the condition, but I guess you will be able to sell it for a bit more expensive than the same phone in Silver.

3. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

The Jet Black color was certainly Apple's most popular color at one point. But since inventory is well in stock and the new iPhone is upon us, it's not In demand as once was.

For resale, I would compare your model to
    Swappa and see what they are selling for
    With the storage and condition.

4. Super Xander thread starter macrumors regular

Super Xander

As I can see Swappa is only for American? I am an european and has been comparing it, but over here there is really no iPhone 7 in Jet Black for sale in the used market. Only other color-options.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 20, 2017 ---
    The mini-scratches may put the phone a little down in price of course, but other than that it is fully working with no huge scratches at all.

5. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I'm not sure what other access you have to sell for sites in Europe, but I would compare your pricing based on condition and storage over their. The price will likely continue to drop as we near the iPhone 8 launch, as others will start selling their iPhones who plan to upgrade.

6. Ugi macrumors regular

I'd pay for jet black less than for any other colour. It will have scratches you can't avoid that.

7. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

This is a good point. Especially used, depending how it was taken care of, used could show a lot of use with the Jet Black color. It would all depend how it was taken care of.

8. CYKBC macrumors 6502

9. burgman macrumors 65816

burgman

How fortunate you aren't forced to buy one then