iPhone 7 keeps freezing, doesn't repond to touch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by digitalhen, Dec 7, 2016.

1. digitalhen macrumors regular

Hi guys

I've got an iPhone 7, 128GB. It keeps freezing, either with the screen off or on (and nothing I do will change that when it freezes). The touch screen won't respond, and the buttons do nothing. It eventually comes back to life, but it can be up to 10 minutes later.

Has anyone else seen this? Have an appointment today at the genius bar. I've tried a couple of restores and it's still exhibiting the same problem.

Cheers
    Henry

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

When I first got my 256 7+ it froze maybe 2-3 times but has not now in over a month. Not sure if the updates did it or what. Apple should be able to see if defective.

Has you phone done this from day 1 or just started doing this. Could be user induced with a bad app.

3. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

There is another thread on this somewhere....but in any event, I've experience the same freezing with 7+ but only when using iPhone functions (calendar, phone, calc, etc) or iOS apps. 3rd party apps seem to be fine.

4. digitalhen thread starter macrumors regular

Since the start - but not so much lately. Still frustrating that I can't rely on it actually working.