iPhone 7 keeps restarting / shutting off even with full charge??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleCyclist, Jan 1, 2017.

1. AppleCyclist macrumors newbie

AppleCyclist

My iPhone 7 started this fun thing with the last 10.2 update....it will shut down regardless of how much charge is left on the phone.

At first it was acting like the 30% bug...shutting off around 30-35%. Then it started happening at completely random times...with 60% charge....88%....even with 100%!

When it shuts down, it displays the empty battery symbol with a lightening cable telling me the battery is dead. I plug it in and amazingly it still has whatever percentage left before it shut off.

I have done a full restore with a fresh download of iOS 10.2 (deleting the old .ipsw file) and set it up as a new phone. This has not stopped it.

What the hell is going on with my phone?

2. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I'd be very concerned with this. Have you spoke to Apple? My release day 6s my guy has does the same as this but Apple acknowledged this issue.

I would definitely seek a full replacement in yours. Not just battery replacement.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like a hardware issue.
    I'd bring it in to Apple to have it checked.

4. bornjr macrumors member

I have an iPhone 7 and decided to get a 7+. I had it 1 day and it started doing the same thing.
    My icons would just randomly move up on the screen and then the phone would just shut off.
    I couldn't do anything to get it restarted. I put it down, looked at it about 15 minutes later, and
    it decided to start back up by itself. It did it again the other day when I was in the bank and
    needed to get someones name off of it for the lady I was talking with. Just shut down on me
    and I did everything I could to get it started, but it wouldn't. This shouldn't be happening with
    a $1,000 phone. I returned it today. Glad I hadn't sold my regular 7 on eBay yet.

FYI, it was a iPhone 7+, Black, 128gb, bought around Jan. 12, 2017.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Defective products happen. You have a full year warranty coverage.
    It doesn't matter how much the item costs, when something is mass produced by the millions then you can expect to get some defective units.
    Unless you suggest that they all behave the same.

6. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Those are some unfortunate experiences. But like any iPhone or electronic product, issues occur. Nothing is perfect. But hopefully you got your situation resolved.

7. tspan macrumors newbie

tspan

I got the phone through Verizon. I don't live anywhere near an Apple store (very rural area). Do you think they'd replace it at the Verizon store?

8. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I would ask the Verizon store. :rolleyes: