iPhone 7 Keyboard Malfunction while Charging

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michael.pryke, Dec 6, 2016.

1. michael.pryke macrumors newbie

michael.pryke

Is anyone else experiencing problems with their iPhone 7 Keyboard when charging? The keyboard jumps and skips and touch accuracy is dramatically reduced when charging. It's very frustrating when trying to text or email while charging etc.

Thanks,
    Mike.

2. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

Are you using the included charger and cable ? This usually indicates a third party cable or charger.

3. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

Same thing happens to me. My charging cable is Apple certified bought off Amazon.

4. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

http://www.forbes.com/sites/amitcho...one-chargers-on-amazon-are-fake/#2d1979e123f6

"Have you ever purchased an iPhone charger from Amazon.com only to realize that it did not function correctly? That is because Apple revealed the majority of iPhone and iPad adapters and charging cables labeled as “genuine” and “official” are actually fake. So Apple recently filed a lawsuit against Amazon.com supplier Mobile Star LLC for alleged trademark infringement, according to PatentlyApple."

I recommend Anker or AmazonBasics when buying iPhone cables on Amazon.

5. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

Thank you for letting us know I was not even aware of this I always thought that as long as a charger was considered MFI certified it would work. I experience the same issues as the OP. While charging my phone with one of these cables I have also notice display flickering and opening applications involuntarily n addition to miss-typing keyboard text and other very strange anomalies while connected to a non-Apple charger but these chargers are 50% cheaper than the authentic ones sold at the Apple Store. I usually put the iPhone in airplane mode for it to charge faster and restrain from using it while charging.

6. Rocko99 macrumors member

Return the charger. This problem happens with low quality charger and cables. Go for a name brand like Anker or buy an Apple charger from a retail outlet until Amazon clears out all the fakes it's been selling.

https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Ank...=1481126412&sr=8-1&keywords=anker+usb+charger

I use this one. Works very well.

7. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

This ^ I have the SAME charger and have used Anker cables for years. They are amazing.

8. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I stick with Apple chargers and cables bought from Apple and never had the first problem.

9. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

They are more expensive, it also defeats the purpose of the Apple MFI program.