iPhone 7: Log in to apps every time?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GoBucky, Oct 31, 2016.

1. GoBucky macrumors newbie

Having an issue with my iPhone 7 (or maybe it's iOS 10?), I am having to log in to many of my apps (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Evernote, etc.) almost every time I open them, which just started a couple of days ago. Normally, I can just open them and go.

Is there some kind of setting that got switched by accident? Is anyone else experiencing this or has been able to resolve? It's not the end of the world, but it's still annoying.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

2. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

What version of iOS 10? When I first got my iPhone 7 I had this exact issue with the Starbucks app. (having to log in each time I opened the app) Either through an update or over time it cleared itself up and now it just works as expected. No clue what caused this to happen though.

3. GoBucky thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm on 10.0.2, but I'm thinking of applying the new update from this morning (10.1.1) to see if that resolves it...

4. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

I think 10.0.2 was the version I was on when I had the issue with the Starbucks app. I would recommend updating to see if it resolves it.

5. noobinator macrumors 601

I'd update to the latest iOS and if that doesn't work here's what I'd do to try to fix, in order:

Hard restart
    Uninstall/reinstall apps
    Restore, set up as new
    Appointment with Genius