iphone 7 matte black or silver?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coachbrady79, Jan 8, 2017.

1. coachbrady79 macrumors member

iphone 7 matte black or silver i need various opinions i know it's my decision just wanted some thoughts of those who had either one thanks !

2. woodynorman macrumors 6502

Just how many of these threads do we need??

I recommend doing a forum search. There's an abundance of threads on this very topic.

3. Applefan4515 Suspended

Applefan4515

Matte black is going to show imperfections a lot more. The finish chips rather easily. Get what one you like more though.

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I prefer silver because of the white front. I do like the look of the matte black and black front, but with using a glass screen protector, it is much more visible with a black front than a white front. I personally prefer the feel of the screen protector over the naked screen.

5. SSAJ macrumors 6502

6. blaine07 macrumors 65816

Get what goes with your style. Matte Black fit me perfectly. Love the darker colors of black myself, much more sleek in my opinion

7. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

I vote for matte black. With the dark mode coming up soon, I believe it's the good choice.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Is the front color of importance? Given that's one of the bigger differences between the two.

9. Relentless Power, Jan 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I really like the brushed look of the silver. It's very professional and sleek looking. Although the matte black is also very sleek and stealthy looking. That's a tough decision. For me, I'd rather go to silver in case I scratched the black iPhone, that way at least it would conceal it somewhat better. And I never use cases for my iPhones and fortunately I've never scratched any of them.

10. itsmilo macrumors 65816

itsmilo

Matt black. You dont see those ugly antenna lines and because to me silver looks boring but thats everyones personal taste

11. Edge1978 macrumors 6502

I went from a silver to a matte black then back to a Silver. Only because I'm used to having the white iPhone since the 5.

12. Arcade macrumors regular

Arcade

I just got my silver a few days ago and already love it.

13. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

matte black is sexy, that would be my choice.... I have the 7 plus in matte black and I love it.

14. PortableLover macrumors 6502a

Hi. Had a silver 6 and still do, really wanted a dark color for the 7 like my 5 in slate. Decided to get 7 in MB and it is beautiful. Looks better then my 6 in silver

15. nordique macrumors 6502a

I have a jet black 7 myself - and I really like the matte 7. I only went with jet black cause everyone I see or know who has a 7 seems to have the matte black one. I initially owned a matte black and really liked it but wanted something less common than the people around me had.

I also owned a silver 7 for a short period and my oh my is it a beautiful device. I would say it's the sharpest looking iPhone 7.

Amazing how just doing away with the antenna lines and unifying the body around the camera can make an identical design pop out much more.

A suggestion OP: try both. Apple has a fantastic return policy within the first 14 days if you're not fully satisfied with your purchase.

16. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I'd vote matte black but that's only because I always prefer black bezel over white bezel.

I have the jet black myself.

17. deano1972 macrumors 6502a

deano1972

Black front bezel is less distracting than white.. and the Matt black just looks sexy, so I'm glad I went for that.
    For the record It was between Matt black and silver for me too when I ordered mine!

18. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I really grew to appreciate the white bezel. It was nice refesh from all the years I had Space Gray.

19. Rayy42 macrumors 6502

Rayy42

I was in the same boat as you a few months ago! I wanted the silver 7 Plus (had a preference for white faced iPhone devices) but the silver was backordered at Verizon and the matte was available so I took the plunge and ordered a matte black iPhone and I'm loving it so far!

It did take me a few days to get used to the black bezel again but I'm confident in my choice.

Will probably switch it up next year when I upgrade and get silver (or whatever new color comes out)

20. borgsauce macrumors regular

borgsauce

Would've loved having an iPhone 7 space grey with black bezel.

21. Devyn89 macrumors regular

Devyn89

Matte black or Jet Black with a case would be my first choice.

22. Andrewtst macrumors regular

Andrewtst

Depends on what you like. I personally prefer matte black as I also much prefer front is black instead of white.

23. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

This is my lineup IMG_0408.JPG IMG_0409.JPG
    Matt black is my favorite among the lineup

24. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock