Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dwd3885

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 10, 2004
I have a 7 Plus currently but go back and forth between phones sometimes. While I love the battery life and the screen of the Plus, sometimes I like a small form factor that fits more in my hand like the 7. When I’ve played with the S8 or Pixel I tend to like that size better. Worth it to buy an iPhone 7 256gb for $650 and sell the a Plus for maybe $100 more? And you think the 7 256 would drop much below $650 come new iPhone 8 time?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I have a 7 Plus currently but go back and forth between phones sometimes. While I love the battery life and the screen of the Plus, sometimes I like a small form factor that fits more in my hand like the 7. When I’ve played with the S8 or Pixel I tend to like that size better. Worth it to buy an iPhone 7 256gb for $650 and sell the a Plus for maybe $100 more? And you think the 7 256 would drop much below $650 come new iPhone 8 time?

I would Purchase whatever you find to be the best experience for you. It's comes down to comfortability with form over function from the way it sounds from your post.

Also, the iPhone 7 will drop in price once the 'iPhone 8' launches, but being that's the highest storage tier model, I don't know that Apple will offer the 256 variant at $650.00.

Reactions: Reno Raines

Teddysjam

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2014
As others have stated the S8 is a beautiful phone I bought the s8 plus at launch but recently returned back to my iPhone 6s Plus my apps and everyday use just runs better IOS. But if you like the android can't go wrong with the s8 yea the fingerprint scanner sucks on back but no bezels expanded memory and the screen is wonderful. Me personally waiting on iPhone 8 see what it offers

geoff5093

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2014
Dover, NH
I would hold off, personally. Unless you can sell it on Craigslist, the money lost in PayPal/shipping fees far outweigh you holding off for a couple more months for the iPhone 7s/8.

dwd3885

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 10, 2004
I would hold off, personally. Unless you can sell it on Craigslist, the money lost in PayPal/shipping fees far outweigh you holding off for a couple more months for the iPhone 7s/8.

I think I have a deal in place to sell the Plus and get 725 after all said and done. So then the switch to the regular 7 would be about 725 after taxes so it's basically a wash. But it'd be a brand new phone but no AppleCare for that same price (which I have on my Plus now).

callihan_44

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
I am currently running the iphone 7 and the S8, the S8 is almost the same width as the ip7 but maybe 1/2inch taller. The S8 display is jaw dropping good, nice to have the back button. Finger print sensor is worthless IMO due to location so I use the iris unlock. The ip7 destroys the s8 in battery life, i take both phones off the charger at 5 am and at noon using both equally texting and minor internet news updates the s8 is at 50-55% and the ip7 is in the 75-85% range. I have to plug the s8 in on the drive home while the iphone 7 gets home at around 30% battery and alot of the time I dont charge it till the next morning at work. Other than that issue which is almost a deal breaker for me, the s8 is a nice phone...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.