iPhone 7 or buy iPhone 6S after 7 launch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SestoElemento, Jul 24, 2016.

  1. SestoElemento macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2014
    #1
    It's evident that the iPhone 7 will be more of an improvement over the current 6S rather than a complete redesign which is expected in 2018. Should I buy the iPhone 6S after the launch of the 7 as there will be a price drop of a minimum of $100 which would minimize buyer remorse.
     
  2. maxsix Suspended

    maxsix

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2015
    Location:
    Western Hemisphere
    #2
    For many, the smart move will be ignoring the iPhone 7 which is likely to have bugs and annoyances that other new Apple products have had.

    Buy the proven iPhone 6S at what's bound to be offered at discounted prices by Best Buy, Costco and others.
     
  3. dragon671556 macrumors member

    dragon671556

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2013
    #3
    I'd like to see what the iphone 7 will have to offer before making any decisions. My contract is up in August and it seems my little 5s battery isn't as good as it once was or it's my fitness tracker's fault one. But I would for sure wait until after the reveal of the iphone 7 when we will know all features and prices.
     
  4. bodonnell202 macrumors 6502a

    bodonnell202

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2016
    Location:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    #4
    It may not look very different from the 6 or 6s but the 7 (if that is what they call it) will include some new features which will (most likely) include a faster processor and camera improvements (design changes point to a larger sensor which should improve low light performance), and possibly (fingers crossed here) waterproofing and improved battery life. Wait until it comes out to truly see what Apple is bringing to the table. If none of the new features end up appealing to you that much the 6s is a great phone and there should be awesome sales on it (beyond just the $100 cheaper starting price) once the 7 comes out.
     
  5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

    lordofthereef

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2011
    Location:
    Boston, MA
    #5
    If you can wait, I'd just stick it out. At best you get the newest model. At worst you save $100 on the old model.

    I'm almost certain in staying with 6s unless apple pulls a rabbit out of their hat.
     

Share This Page