iPhone 7 Plus and My Ford...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by myrtledog, Dec 23, 2016.

1. myrtledog macrumors regular

So I've had an iPhone 6 Plus for a few years and have never had a single issue synch it with my Fords audio system.
    Last week I bought a new 7 Plus and it disconnects every 5-10 minutes when on a call.
    I've tried cancelling the Bluetooth and reconnecting a number of times but the 7 will not stay connected.
    I use this phone for work and can't continue to use the 7...

Anyone with any insight into why the 7 is useless compared to my old 6?

2. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

make sure all phones are eliminated from bluetooth memory in your vehicle, then re-pair. Good luck.

3. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

That's likely not the answer. I think it may have to do with the vehicles Bkuetooth configuration. I do agree the OP should attempt a re-pair, but it's something to do with the way the vehicle communicates with the iPhone.

I would contact Ford and perhaps they may have configuration based on the year of the vehicle.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. myrtledog thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the tips folks. I have deleted and re-paired the phone...several times.

The part that I don't understand is why the iPhone 6 works flawlessly yet the 7 has this issue?

I'm actually thinking I'll return the 7 and go back to the 6...

6. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

Have you also tried reproducing the issue on a bluetooth headset, capable of taking calls? If it happens on the headset as well as your car it might just be a defective phone.

7. myrtledog thread starter macrumors regular

Good thought however I don't have a headset that can take calls..

8. HEK, Dec 24, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2016

HEK Suspended

HEK

Have you checked to see if there is an update to the Ford software. Vehicle manufacturers seem to have large amount of problems. Ford isn't only one. You either can go to dealer and get latestes Ford Synch software or download from your computer to a dongle and load into car yourself.

I have both Ford and GM vehicles with Bluetooth and UCB links. GM will sometimes drop the Bluetooth link entirely and even on older line attached connection it will lock up. Takes turning off veihicle for several minutes, then restart to get connection back. And that's with UCB cable.

They make cars, not latest electronic devices. By the time latestes vehicle is released for sale the electronics on board is several years old. Wait till new Bluetooth comes out, you gonna see big time issues.

9. savagewatts macrumors regular

I had the same problem in my Escape. After I updated to the latest beta it was fixed. I'm not sure it was the beta or the Escape but it fixed it for me.

10. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I had this exact issue when we had a ford fiesta for three years. Thinkingnto when we had it I think it was second gen sync and an iPhone 5s. The inflate fixed it. The dealer actually loaded it as they were doing an oils change since we mentioned the issue.

11. Rhonindk macrumors 68030

Rhonindk

Friend has a 2016 Escape and has the same issue. The Ford dealer was unable to solve it. Dealer said they have seen this and only affects some people. Expect a Sync update. My 6S+ works fine in the same vehicle.
    She has an iPhone 7. Worked fine with her 6.

12. macTW Suspended

Came here to suggest both these. Test with other Bluetooth device for phone to see if phone disconnects there as well, to see if the problem is phone or car. And then check to see if the car has a software update. A few years back, I think this happened but widespread - an auto company forgot it push an update or didn't announce it and lots of phones stopped connecting.