Iphone 7 plus Apple logo micro scratches

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Marwanjukka91, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Marwanjukka91 macrumors newbie

Marwanjukka91

Hi..so I bought my brand new sealed matte black iphone 7 plus 3 days ago and since then I didn't remove my original Apple case, today I decided to remove the case and clean it..I found some micro scratches on the Apple logo which can only be seen under bright lights or sunlight..is this considered normal?

2. chabig macrumors 68040

I would think so for several reasons. 1) Cases do trap dirt, and a small amount of scratching is to be expected. 2) You said you can't see it under normal conditions.

3. deano1972 macrumors 6502a

deano1972

I never noticed any on my 3 month old iPhone 7 that I recently exchanged due to a fault, and I do clean my phones with a soft cloth (the kind you clean your glasses with) under a light.
    That was Matt black and kept in a soft tpu case that cost me £5 on amazon.
    There's no marks on my 1 week old replacement either, but if you can only just see them when looking for them under a bright light I really wouldn't let it stress me out.

4. daflake macrumors 6502a

It is a portable phone... Yes, scratches are normal.

5. Snot Rox macrumors 6502

Snot Rox

I have always kept mine in a case and I noticed I have a few micro scratches on the apple logo when I took it out wipe off the dust.

Oh well.

6. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

I'm been rocking mine naked since day one. No scratches yet.

7. Ta0jin macrumors 6502a

I'm wondering if the scratches were there when you got the phone. An apple case has a microfiber lining and I am not sure under regular use how dust can work it's way to the apple logo through the microfiber lining and scratch it unless you work/live in a very dusty environment. The thing is all phones have a scratch here or a mark there or some kind of imperfection and you may not have noticed it when you got your shiny new device. I used to carefully examine my past iPhones for every possible scratch, mark, and or blemish when I first got them but then after that all I could see were all those imperfections that I so carefully looked for. Every... and I repeat EVERY mass produced factory phone has some small imperfection!! Most of the time you just miss it or aren't looking for it or it's so tiny that it can be missed by just looking at the device. Not to belittle your issue at all but I wouldn't worry about it that much because even if someone handed you a brand new in box iPhone you would think ok cool! No scratch on the apple logo! There would be some other imperfection somewhere else on the device that you just missed or weren't aware of.