Carrier iPhone 7 Plus AT&T Unlock Request and Activation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RandyJS, Sep 21, 2016.

1. RandyJS macrumors member

I am having trouble getting an iPhone 7 Plus purchased outright from ATT to get past the activation screen. I contacted AT&T and they unlocked the device via the unlock portal. Unfortunately, it keeps asking for the Phone Number it was purchased on and the sim card associated with that phone.

Unfortunately, I threw out that SIM card tied to the phone number!

I tried entering DFU mode and restoring the phone with iTunes to be able to get past the activation lock screen. However, when it restores it still comes back to the activation and my phone number.

How do I get around this? Numerous calls to ATT and APPLE have yet to get us to a resolution....

TIA

2. Cvx5832 macrumors regular

Request for another sim? A new sim is free at any at&t store.

3. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Just go to At&t, get sim for the number, activate phone, and then switch to whatever you want.

4. RandyJS thread starter macrumors member

The problem with this is that I gave my brother the phone for him to use and he is in another state (with a different phone number!)

5. KatieMiller macrumors member

KatieMiller

Go in to an AT&T store and they can connect a SIM to your account. Generally they do this for free. Then you can activate your phone.

6. laksgandikota macrumors newbie

laksgandikota

Same situation. Had to activate the phones with the numbers associated even through the phones are unlocked. It could have been really simple!