iPhone 7 plus battery is pitiful.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by elimagic3, Oct 3, 2016.

1. elimagic3 Suspended

Seriously. I get MAYBE 5 hours of use out of it before it's dead. Anyone else with this issue? My phone also gets pretty warm.

2. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

If the phone gets pretty warm, then that suggests that there is a lot of work being done in the background. Do you have background app refresh enabled for many apps? I have kept background app refresh and location services off for third-party apps and I have been getting great battery life from my iPhones for years.

3. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Five Hours? No issues here and I use my iPhone moderately. Check your battery statistics and see what is contributing to the issue.

4. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

The iPhone 7 plus battery isn't pitiful. Your iPhone 7 plus battery is pitiful. The title was misleading. I thought there was a know issue about this and confirmed by Apple with a thread title like that.

5. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

Maybe provide some more details. What is eating that much battery from the battery setting. Did you restore from backup or new?

And there is already a few of these threads.

6. kerrikins macrumors 65816

The other day I got 8 hours usage and 31 hours standby with 4% left so I think it depends on what you're using it for. That was with some reddit, facebook, Tweetbot, etc.

7. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Battery life is highly dependent on usage. 5 hours is completely normal in some scenarios. Without knowing what is going on in the background, nobody can help you.

8. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

I'm happy with mine so far. And this is on my first charge. Usually gets much better as time goes on.

IMG_0137.PNG

9. AhemThisGuy macrumors member

Maybe you need to check what apps are running in the background and set permissions.

10. 8692574 Suspended

I think part of the problem is iOS 10....apparently it uses more battery than iOS 9

11. Mre15 macrumors newbie

If its 5 hours of Pokemon Go it sounds about right. :)

12. ajones92 macrumors member

ajones92

Dude I get a solid 2 days easy of moderate usage. Sounds like you got a bum unit or you have something in the background eating up your battery.

13. Stella Martin macrumors member

My friend has an iPhone 7 plus here and maybe she's lucky enough that she has not experience any issues with her phone so far including the battery. I suggest that you have it checked at the Apple store soon.

14. fabytmHD macrumors regular

While it may not be a universal problem, it's definitely a widespread one!

Here's my battery life, after restoring this phone and set up as new, disabling most of the things that can be disabled without making this a dumbphone(Background app refresh, Push mail, Hey Siri), used it sparingly throughout the day to send texts, stream some Soundcloud over WiFi and browse the web and I could not get more than this out of my 7+ battery!

This is nowhere near the at least 10 hours of usage I was expecting when I spent 900 Euros(~1000$) on this phone. My 2 year old 6 Plus lasted longer, which is a shame!
    fullsizeoutput_594.jpeg

15. GalaDaliGirl macrumors regular

16. fabytmHD macrumors regular

So you're saying I should remove the lightning port as well? :eek:

17. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

One source of a little extra drain this year is playing audio out of the dual speakers.

18. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Sounds like you have a faulty unit as my phone lasts me from 6am till 11pm at night when working through the day. I imagine it will last me a lot longer when I don’t use it as much at home where I will more often than not use my ipad pro.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 4, 2016 ---
    I havn’t found this issue. In the gym I don’t use many % at all. Better than my 6s plus for some reason.

19. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Try using the speakers for over an hour and look at your usage statistics. It will be a larger proportion than the 6s plus not than likely. And I'm not talking about using the speakers at less than 100% volume.