iPhone 7(+) iPhone 7 Plus Battery Replacement. Phone Is Still Under Warranty

csi24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 20, 2007
Maryland
Hello everyone, I have an iPhone 7 Plus that still has a little over a month left on it's manufacturers warranty. Will it still cost $29 or will it be covered under the manufacturers warranty? I know normally it wouldn't be covered unless it's defective. It's not defective, but Coconut has it at 93% and I'm not that satisfied with the battery life.

thadoggfather

macrumors G4
Oct 1, 2007
Do u think a battery replacement will help with battery life if yours still has 93%?

Asking genuinely, cause I’m curious

Mine is 550 cycles and like 86%

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona
Hello everyone, I have an iPhone 7 Plus that still has a little over a month left on it's manufacturers warranty. Will it still cost $29 or will it be covered under the manufacturers warranty? I know normally it wouldn't be covered unless it's defective. It's not defective, but Coconut has it at 93% and I'm not that satisfied with the battery life.
You’ll have to pay. 93% capacity is well within specs.

Dirtydutch

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2015
Jerseyyy
Does the $29 battery replacement program include the 7 and 7+?
Supposedly 6 and up you can purchase the new battery...
[doublepost=1515510218][/doublepost]
Have them check it but I don't think it is worth opening the phone with over 90% still there. I have a 7 plus as well with about 95% according to Coconut, and it still also benchmarks the same as it did on day 1 as I'm sure yours does too. Your dissatisfaction with its life just may simply have to do with usage...I'd wait it out until the battery capacity drops a little and just pay the $29 later this year...

Last edited:
Reactions: Newtons Apple

ContentCruiser

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2017
Yes, it is iPhone 6, 6s, SE and 7 series till end of December 2018.
It doesn't make sense to switch it out now, wait till around 4 quarter of the year.

I'll link some short youtube videos about Batteries at the bottom (*recommended)

Many users handle there devices wrong even among my friends.
Don't leave your device plugged in while sleeping or longer then it needs, put it in battery mode / power save mode and charge it till it is full or unplug it before going to bed, and continue when you wake up while getting ready for the day / night.

The iPhone charges from 1% to 100% somewhat between 2 to 3 hours, and anything longer than 30 minutes at 100% still plugged in will decrease the durability / life of the battery way faster if done daily.

Should your battery drain faster than usual, try calibrating it by getting it from 100% down to auto power off and charge it in one go up to 100%, it worked for me I got the tip here at macrumors.com thanks to iapplelove and acmfaxxe (threadLink)

*Battery Types and how they Work (first 5 minutes / rest of it is sponsors ...etc)
*Rechargeable Battery Care (first 3:37 minutes / ...etc)
Wireless Charging (first 4:44 minutes / ...etc)

edc apple

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2018
Texas
Took daughters working iPhone 6s plus in because the battery was indicating only charging to 83 percent. Apple did software test and said we could do the 29 dollar replacement, great we said we were prepared to pay 79. Upon return, Apple said they would not replace the battery due to a small indication of water near the ear, even though it looked old and was dry. Now we are marked in their system and have to go 3rd market battery from somewhere. Apple said our only choice was: refurb for 327, trade ours for 175 or go 3rd party battery. Not wanting to go 3rd party since the phone is fully functional!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.