Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steve gee

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2016
OK - I have the 7 plus and Im on T-mobile. Got my iphone last week. Folks that I speak to say I sound like Im underwater. Not clear. Switch to speakerphone and they say I sound fine. So its NOT a carrier issue.

This is the 2nd Iphone plus I have had - got a replacement for the same issue. Both phones have the problem.

Ive done some searching - there is even a thread on apple about the 6 plus having this issue. They suggest many fixes - none of which helps.

I was previously an android user and this sucks, because in all other ways the phone is great. Unfortunatly, I need the phone to make phone calls. It is incredible to me that call quality is lacking on this device.

Anyone have similar issues and know of a fix that actually helps ? (aside from resetting network settings, turning LTE to data only or turning off noise cancellation - cuz none of these are solutions) Thanks

vidalksa

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2009
I have the 7 and have the same issue with sound quality when making calls through my Etisalat service provider.
On the other hand got crystal clear sound quality when making calls through WhatsApp.
Wonder so if it is hardware related.

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2015
I've discovered, mostly by accident, that calls placed using an app such as Google Hangouts sound appreciably better than calls placed using the iPhone 7's built-in phone app. What does this suggest? I don't know.

Calls placed not using the built-in phone app, though, sound louder and clearer--much more so.

Try it and see if you can replicate.

tyshemi

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2015
I had my 7 plus replaced. Problem solved . They know there is an issue . Use the apple support app

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.