Iphone 7 Plus Camera Defective?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by T21r, Oct 2, 2016.

1. T21r, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016

T21r macrumors newbie

T21r

I Recently received my JB 7 plus and was excited to test out the camera nice i was heading to Disneyland yesterday.
    When i went over the pictures in some theres seems to be the same light spot/reflection. i noticed it and cleaned the lens but it continued to do it, in one of the pictures i zoomed in on the spot and it looks like two lines are running through it.
    Also there are some neon signs that get reflected in such a weird way.. like one where the sign is reflected into the sky? Is this normal or is something wrong with my camera? IMG_1784.JPG IMG_1801.JPG IMG_1820.JPG IMG_1854.JPG IMG_1853.JPG IMG_1847.JPG IMG_1836.JPG IMG_1820.JPG IMG_1819.JPG

2. frankdogg macrumors regular

frankdogg

3. T21r thread starter macrumors newbie

T21r

I checked right now and I don't have it enabled. Tried to take another picture right now with HDR on and off just to make sure and it is still doing the same thing.
    A little update though, spoke to apple and they said it looks like a hardware problem. Have a Genius Bar appointment on Friday.
    Only thing I'm worried about is having to get a replacement since I have a jb 7 plus and they probably don't have them for replacements yet.

4. frankdogg macrumors regular

frankdogg

That's good to know. Glad it's hardware related. I've seen a lot of people complain about their picture quality not knowing hdr is the culprit.

Also I'm pretty sure they'll have a replacement on hand. If not they'll most likely be able to overnight you one.

5. kaielement macrumors 65816

Looks like a defect I would try to get a replacement asap.

6. ibuyufo macrumors 6502

You'll probably find this defect in all the phones. I'm assuming that these lenses built into the camera do not have anti-reflective coating.

7. alexxkuch macrumors newbie

What ended up happening? Just got the plus and have the same issue.

8. T21r thread starter macrumors newbie

T21r

Update!!!! On my appointment last Friday they said my camera was faulty and that they would have to replace it... They had the Camera in stock but said they needed to have my phone in stock to do the service just in case they messed up and had to give me the replacement phone... (ps they said replacement stock was separate from in store stock and that they would expedite the phone to the store.) Phone got to the store today (Monday) so i went after work to get it serviced... they had my phone for almost three hours before they brought it out. The weird part was it looked like they didn't even touch/try to repair my phone; The genius just told me they were going to replace my phone. So I'm happy they replaced it because i was also worried that when they opened up my phone it would somehow affect the water proofing seal. The only weird part being how long they took.

9. fitgirl macrumors 6502

fitgirl

10. RobtheJedii macrumors regular

RobtheJedii

I am guessing it was.. lol He's not responding.

11. Alexrat1996 Suspended

The op is working

12. T21r thread starter macrumors newbie

T21r

Hey everyone, just tested out the new phone a bit and its safe to say the replacement unit is definitely better... as you can see with the neon lights there is no "ghosting" IMG_0013.JPG IMG_0015.JPG IMG_0017.JPG IMG_0024.JPG

13. fitgirl macrumors 6502

fitgirl

14. Alexrat1996 Suspended

Mines is worse

15. RobtheJedii macrumors regular

RobtheJedii