iPhone 7 plus Car Mount

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Macnificant, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Macnificant macrumors 6502a

like the post says. I am looking for a car mount for 7plus. Most for viewing GPS while driving

2. Pupi macrumors regular

Pupi

3. momanny macrumors newbie

momanny

--- Post Merged, Dec 4, 2016 ---
    I just ordered this. It is new and has great reviews...https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LY91ING/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4. Hooterville macrumors 6502a

Hooterville

5. Paco II macrumors 65816

IMO, ProClip mounts and holders are tops. I especially like that the mount never has to change as long as you have your car, only the holder changes for your latest iPhone :)

6. kingston73 macrumors 6502

I'll say the proclip is by far the best mount I've ever used. Expensive but excellent. Best thing is it's incredibly easy to use 1 handed and is solidly mounted.

7. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Don't overlook prior threads including those about mounts for prior generations. It's rare that new mount manufacturers pop up. I've been using ProClip since well before the iPhone 4 and continue to use them.

If you want recommendations then it would to post your specific requirements. GPS viewing doesn't really narrow it down as any mount out there will work for that. Do you have preferences on how the mount attaches to your vehicle (e.g. suction cup to glass, vent clip, cupholder, power/cigarette, bolt to dash/floor, adhesive, etc)? Any preference on how your device attachtes to the mount (e.g. magnet, friction, clip, etc)? How much are you looking to spend? Provide as much info as possible to help narrow down the possibilities to something suited to you. Otherwise there are plenty of existing threads on mounts that you can refer to.

We didn't have to change phone mounts between the 6s Plus and the 7 Plus. Neither of us had the 6 Plus, just a 6 but I suspect the same mount would work for the 6.

8. Shelleyldiaz Suspended

Go for Spigen Magentic Car Mount for iPhone 7.

9. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

10. Mike5254 macrumors regular

Mike5254

iOttie One Touch 3.
    Textured dashboard, Rough roads, no worries.

11. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I use Kenu AirFrame +. I've been using Kenu for years.

12. Paco II macrumors 65816

This doesn't happen often between 'significant' model updates, but it was a pleasant surprise that the iPhone 7 models are able to continue to use the iPhone 6s ProClip holders.

13. Gabrielanicolao macrumors member

Gabrielanicolao

Me too is using Kenu AirFrame +. I respect other opinions but I think Kenu is the most reliable choice.

14. LouE37 macrumors member

I have this mount, for a larger heavier phone this one does the trick. Dash, windshield, any angle, one touch operation.