Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

idandavid

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2010
Israel
Hi All !

With the 7 plus on its way im now looking into cases...

Most important features for me in a case are being as slim as possible and must have really good grip for the fingers.

Please recommend ones that you know have both those requirments.

Dont need much protection for other than scratches (never dropped my 6s!).

Thanks!

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
I'll second the apple silicone case. the 6/6s silicone cases were too tacky for me, the 7plus ones seem a bit different, good balance of grip and sliding into your pocket.

DashSatan

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2011
I'll second the apple silicone case. the 6/6s silicone cases were too tacky for me, the 7plus ones seem a bit different, good balance of grip and sliding into your pocket.

This was my main question about the silicone cases. So the new 7 cases are less of a dust and dirt magnet?

1sazim

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2014
I ordered one of the Speck Presidio Grip cases. I always used Speck cases because of their slim design and protection.

ABSjazz

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2013
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Have the Apple leather case, and while really nice, it's actually a little too thick for what I want. Just received the Spigen Liquid armor and it's pretty much perfect. A little thinner and fits great - makes the phone feel "smaller" compared to the leather case.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GIWG3D6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_64B4xbA1KEHM2

Also have a Peel case on the way for an ultra thin shell just for scratch protection.

studIOS5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
Oregon, OH
Spigen liquid armor very slim adds a nice grip. Now if only I had my iPhone 7 plus to put in it...sigh lol

Attachments

• IMG_0395.PNG
    IMG_0395.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 149
Reactions: ABSjazz

idandavid

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2010
Israel
Thanks for all your replies guys!!

I had an apple official silicone case and it was good on the 6 version and it was too slippery for the 6s version. They must have changed the material! Also, i think it would make the plus size a bit too big.

Regarding the skin suggestion, i prefer using a case instead but thanks!

Now, i have used spiegen in the past and i did like their build quality. My last one was one of the hard plastic ones and it had a good size but was too slippery.

I would be happy with a grippy thin spiegen case.

Is the liquid armor grippy? Theres an amazon review saying that case is slippery as well?

Does anyone have one of their TPU cases?

It seems to be grippy but it looks like it wont look as good as some of the other ones.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Thanks for all your replies guys!!

I had an apple official silicone case and it was good on the 6 version and it was too slippery for the 6s version. They must have changed the material! Also, i think it would make the plus size a bit too big.

Regarding the skin suggestion, i prefer using a case instead but thanks!

Now, i have used spiegen in the past and i did like their build quality. My last one was one of the hard plastic ones and it had a good size but was too slippery.

I would be happy with a grippy thin spiegen case.

Is the liquid armor grippy? Theres an amazon review saying that case is slippery as well?

Does anyone have one of their TPU cases?

It seems to be grippy but it looks like it wont look as good as some of the other ones.

Get the matte black Spigen Thin Fit. It's grippy due to its rubbery finish. Other colors aren't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.