Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Volusia

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2016
Central Florida
I got cases listed as being for the 7 Plus and 7 for our new 8 Plus and 8. Works fine. The case from our previous 6 fit the 8, but it covered the camera.

mzengr

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2014
All of my cases fit including my 3 Apple cases; however, the logo on the back of the phone has been repositioned so if your case has a cutout you may not like that it’s not centered.

technofunky

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2011
India
I bought a Amazon Basics clear iPhone 7 plus case for my iPhone 8 plus, I found the fitting to be quite tight also the power button was misaligned. The port opening was fine but speaker cut outs were cutting out the speakers a little bit, only the volume buttons though aligned well. Will be returning the case back to Amazon.

H1JJY

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2014
My Apple one for my old 7+ fits my 8+ fine.
But it’s a very tight fit

blairian89

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2016
Texas
Unless your case for the 7+ was vacuum sealed onto the phone, it should fit the 8+ without any issues (same for the 8). The thickness difference is 0.2mm, as stated above. There is virtually no distinguishable difference between the sizes of the devices.

Last edited:

chilman

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2011
Save your cash if the difference is too small to tell. Might be really tight, as long it doesn't cause to push on the side buttons it is still good, some cases are not cheap either, some can be as high as $80 or more. That is why I said "save the cash" if it can still be used.

saltd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
Apple cases for the 7 are very tight on the 8. Maybe the Plus is fine, but not the regular 8.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.