iPhone 7 plus charging

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kankan7175, Sep 25, 2016.

?

Is it bad for my iPhone 7 plus

1. Yes!

15.4%
  2. No!

84.6%
  1. kankan7175 macrumors newbie

I have a smart charger that charges my iPhone 5s with 1 amp and the same charger charges my iPhone 7 plus with 2 amps, is this bad for my battery because the standard charger is only 1 amp.

2. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I've been charging my iPhones with a 2.1A charger for years with no problems at all. You'll be fine.

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Your phone will only draw as much current as it can handle to charge the battery.

It's fine. Don't worry about it.

4. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

It's a good question, but other have stated above, no concerns.

5. iOnAsJ macrumors member

iOnAsJ

I had the same question. So it's ok to charge your iPhone with the iPad charger?

6. leesweet macrumors demi-god

leesweet

This comes up EVERY year. You can charge any Apple device with any 5 V DC charger. 5 Volts is the pressure, 2 Amps, etc., is the LIMIT of what the charger can produce. The device will take what it wants to charge. If you search, you will find tons of threads on this...

More:

The standard iPhone charger is what it is because it's cheap and gets the job done. The iPad charger is larger because it needs to be. (Have you ever SEEN an iPad battery(ies)?). The iPhone charger takes forever to charge an iPad. Either are technically fine for either device, it's a matter of time. The battery *may* get a little warmer with more current inrush, but (1) it doesn't really matter and (2) if it matters after a few years, who still has their device then? :)