iPhone 7(+) iPhone 7 plus (Christmas 2018 purchase)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lasniko, Nov 9, 2018.

1. lasniko macrumors member

Hi there,

I am thinking to purchase the iPhone 7 plus on December. How many years do you believe that this model will last?

I could think about iPhone 8 plus but wireless charging is not something that I want. Of course it has better chip but still I don't know...

In short terms, do you find good the choice of iPhone 7 plus in terms of value for money?

Thank you.

2. chino-rican macrumors regular

chino-rican

Apple has been supporting older phones even longer recently. For example, the iPhone 5s is 5 years old and is still being supported. It does a fine job keeping up with most day-to-day tasks (my son has one).
    So, if we take this and extrapolate for the 7+, it seems reasonable to estimate that it will be supported for at least 3 more years. My feeling is it will be supported even longer.
    In summary, the 7+ is a very capable phone with a great camera. If you don't care for wireless charging and the improved chipset, then I'd say it's a solid purchase.
    I would recommend taking a look at the refurbished models on the Apple website. They are indistinguishable from the new ones, and will save you some money.

3. lasniko thread starter macrumors member

Thank you @chino-rican !

As I love reading books from my phone, do you believe that True-tone (iPhone 8 feauture) would make a difference ?

Regards.

4. chino-rican macrumors regular

chino-rican

My understanding was that True Tone would be most beneficial when using it under direct sunlight, however, since you will be reading books from your phone then I would seriously consider the upgrade to the 8+ because it will give it more of a "paper white" appearance. Should be easier on your eyes.

5. lasniko thread starter macrumors member

@chino-rican thank you. This is a parameter that I will consider seriously.

6. draa macrumors member

draa

I’m using a 7+ and I also read a lot of books on it. I don’t miss TT. When I’m reading in the evening / at night I turn nightshift on and everything is fine.