iPhone 7 Plus clicking sound & moving screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Savarese, May 23, 2017.

1. Savarese macrumors newbie

Hi,

Since I've got my iPhone 7+ 6 months ago, there was always a clicking sound which was barely noticeable and I wasn't worried that much. But the noise has gone much louder now. The screen now cracks everywhere I press it (especially near the home button).
    Plus, I've recently discovered that when I look closely, the screen is moving a little bit between the screen and the aluminium. I can move the display to the right or left.

Could this problem be fixed by tightening the pentalobe screws or just replacing it ?

Thanks

2. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

This seems to be an issue with all 7 Plus models. Tightening the screws fixed almost all of it for me. Now it only happens if I intentionally flex the phone.

3. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Not all. Mine doesn't exhibit this behavior.

4. myrtlebee macrumors 68020

myrtlebee

Give it some time. Mine didn't at first, and then it started and got progressively worse. Tightening the screws did fix it except for when twisting as the poster above mentioned. But for a phone $800 + dollars, it's pretty sad. I don't have to worry though now since I returned my 7 Plus for another issue. Hopefully the 8/Edition is sturdier.