iPhone 7 Plus - Hot Spot

AbSoluTc

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Was curious if anyone else noticed this particular spot gets pretty hot when updating the OS and apps. It seems those two are the prime suspects. Sometimes charging will also do it.

Or is it just me?

IMG_2003.JPG

clau30

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2016
mine get hot too.even when im not installing stuff or updating. im curious if there is a fix for this and how many of 7+ owners have this problem.

uwdude

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2014
Yes that's generally where the processor is, and seems like it's normal for this phone. It does seem like it gets a bit warmer than previous phones, but this is the monster A10 processor stuffed into a phone here we are talking about, lol.

Reactions: ABC5S

AbSoluTc

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Yes that's generally where the processor is, and seems like it's normal for this phone. It does seem like it gets a bit warmer than previous phones, but this is the monster A10 processor stuffed into a phone here we are talking about, lol.
Ah yes.. makes sense. For some reason I was thinking that area was just the battery. Doh. Flipping it over messed with my head a little. Lol. Yes, the processor is literally right there.

cableguy84

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2015
Might have something to do with the worlds most advanced mobile processor , located in that spot within the phone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.