Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nia820

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2011
I have had slight lagging on my iPhone 7 plus. Nothing significant. However I'm experiencing significant lag on my iPad pro 9.7. It is annoyingly laggy now.

Reactions: apolloa

rodiak

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2007
Portland, OR
I do feel a bit of lag with my 7+ that wasn't there before updating. I'm not sure if it's because of the new animations in iOS 11 or because of optimization issues on the 7+. I'm also seeing a slight reduction in battery life since the update.

CPR556

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2017
Worked great on my 7 Plus, although slight lag with animations opening Safari and Mail. Everything else was butter.

Deacon-Blues

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2012
California
On my 7 Plus I notice some stuttering, particularly moving from the home screen to the next screen, and the animation when apps open and close. I haven’t really noticed a change in battery life. The 7 and 7 Plus are way too new to be showing performance issues on an iOS update.

rodiak

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2007
Portland, OR
Just a hassle really. Did not expect this!

Exactly my thought. This does seem to help most of the time though.
In my case, I’m going to replace my 7+ with the X in a few weeks so I don’t see the point of going through the process.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
My 7 Plus overall is running great.

The only rare issue is when I open an app folder. The icons sometimes appear in a weird order.

mac-jam

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 25, 2015
Exactly my thought. This does seem to help most of the time though.
In my case, I’m going to replace my 7+ with the X in a few weeks so I don’t see the point of going through the process.
Exactly. iPhone X or possibly Samsung S8 for me.

Reactions: nia820

Velin

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle
Or when the 11.01 update is out that might sort it?

It will not. There have been many posts about this across all Apple devices. When a major software revision is released, the only way to get the best performance is a clean install. This is true for iPhones, iPads, iMacs, Macbooks. An incremental update to install a new software version is garbage compared to a clean install.

So, forget backups. Wipe the phone with a clean install through iTunes, set up as new device. Then download and install clean apps. Don't use anything from backup. Then your iPhone's excellent performance on iOS will return.

Reactions: daffie

torontoapple

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2015
Same here on my 7Plus , A bit of lag with opening folders . hopefully the next update smooths out all the kinks.

Vivian125

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2017
Just updated to iOS 11 and gosh its slow! Anyone else experiencing this?
TrueLaLey Sister So True, And Agree with you. My iPhone 7 Plus lags, sure the animations are quick but loading an app is slower than it was on iOS 10.. Well, i think iOS 11.2/11.4 will make the iPhone 5S to iPhone 7 run slower due to ADDED Features. While the iPhone 8/X will be even faster because more apps will be optimize for them. It's very common cuz iOS 11 made for iPhone 8/8 Plus/X while iPhone 7 and lower suffering from some slowdown, and battery drain. iOS 11.2 Is like a nightmare for me cuz the battery did not improve but gets even worst.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
TrueLaLey Sister So True, And Agree with you. My iPhone 7 Plus lags, sure the animations are quick but loading an app is slower than it was on iOS 10.. Well, i think iOS 11.2/11.4 will make the iPhone 5S to iPhone 7 run slower due to ADDED Features. While the iPhone 8/X will be even faster because more apps will be optimize for them. It's very common cuz iOS 11 made for iPhone 8/8 Plus/X while iPhone 7 and lower suffering from some slowdown, and battery drain. iOS 11.2 Is like a nightmare for me cuz the battery did not improve but gets even worst.
But you were saying the iPhone 7 and up is good for iOS 11 in other threads from months ago, now in this one from months ago that's not the case anymore...

Reactions: Vivian125

skillwill

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2008
It's just awful... the worst thing is the what it's done to the battery life since iOS 11. Yesterday I answered a FaceTime call at 32% battery, after 10 mins I was down to 9%. Absolutely pathetic on a phone that a year ago was the most powerful thing going.

Luckily my 11th payment went out yesterday on my iPhone Upgrade Programme so I'm now eligible to upgrade to the 8 or X. Either way, I can't wait to have a phone I can actually use again.

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
But you were saying the iPhone 7 and up is good for iOS 11 in other threads from months ago, now in this one from months ago that's not the case anymore...
That was the honeymoon period with the new OS before reality kicked in. It doesn't surprise me that iOS 11 ruined the 7 Plus. Apple themselves don't care about it and this was proven a few days ago when Jony Ive insulted the iPhone 7 Plus as a low end device.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
That was the honeymoon period with the new OS before reality kicked in. It doesn't surprise me that iOS 11 ruined the 7 Plus. Apple themselves don't care about it and this was proven a few days ago when Jony Ive insulted the iPhone 7 Plus as a low end device.
Seems like various others with the 7 Plus aren't having issues that come anywhere close to "ruining" it or anything like that.

And not sure about any honeymoon period when that poster has been bringing up various older threads just within the last day or two mentioning that iOS 11 was iPhone 7 models and up, to suddenly change that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.