iPhone 7 Plus Jet Black & apple leather case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Airplayallday, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Airplayallday macrumors newbie

Airplayallday

so its been 2 weeks or so since ive had my 7+ JB, I originally put it in a spigen clear case... its starting to look like ****, case is all scratched up already and really isn't up to par.

I'm planning on grabbing a leather case from apple and i'm on the fence about which particular colour to go with... at first I was fixed on the black model, but the red option has me thinking about it.

Just curious if anyone is currently using a leather case and what colour they went with for the jb

Thanks!

2. ApplePhan macrumors member

ApplePhan

I went with the Black Leather case. It's nice. But people seem to think I shouldn't hide the pretty color.

3. maka344 macrumors 6502a

maka344

4. mhaniff macrumors member

I have a jet black 7+ with the navy color case. Coming from a white 6 plus with a black leather case, the navy adds a nice contrast to the black, also the case is a bit darker in person than what you see in the pictures below. I was going to get another black leather case but i figure i get something different (black was sold out anyways). Here are some pics of my JB and a video from YouTube with other colors. Hope this helps you with deciding on what color to get :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Airplayallday thread starter macrumors newbie

Airplayallday

thanks a lot... that helps. I guess from reading reviews the red cases get dirty very quick. My local apple store is supposed to get a shipment of black cases this Friday maybe i'll get lucky

6. mhaniff macrumors member

I've read issues with the red case and the edges on them deteriorating after time, it would definitively stand out but to each his own. Black on black works well too! Post some pics if you get it.

7. powerocool macrumors 6502

powerocool

Sea Blue? If you want it to pop a little more. I was considering this combination, but want to see how sea blue wears over time.

I'm currently rocking midnight blue silicone case JB 7+. I'm liking it.

8. LMMAACC macrumors regular

LMMAACC

I have the black leather case on my JB 7 Plus and love it. I had the leather case on my previous 6S plus. It is worth money

9. DNichter macrumors 68030

DNichter

Way too much bulk. Best case I have ever had is on my current Black 7+. Caudabe Veil XT in Stealth Black. You will love it.

10. techno-Zen macrumors 6502

Surprisingly, the White silicon is my favorite. Doesn't show dust/oil and REALLY pops on the black model

11. Airplayallday thread starter macrumors newbie

Airplayallday

I've had a leather case on my 6... I can appreciate the ultra thin case design there but I'm going more for the leather feel offered from apple... plus I don't find their case to be at all bulky... to each their own I guess.

12. predation macrumors 6502a

Those are nice but they stretch overtime. I just go naked now.

13. Airplayallday thread starter macrumors newbie

Airplayallday

14. DNichter macrumors 68030

DNichter

This one is more of a hard case, with a grippy matte feel to it. Not the same as the one I had for my 6s. This is as close to naked as you can go, feels the same as the back of the black 7.

15. Airplayallday thread starter macrumors newbie

Airplayallday

16. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I think the leather case looks and feels great when new but be ready for it to look beat to hell if you ever drop your phone. I realize it's premium materials and all that and I wasn't expecting leather to be magically damage proof but for my use it's just not worth the $50. I did keep it on my phone for over s year though.

17. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Love my Black leather on MB.

I really like the look of the deep Brown leather on MB.

One thing with the Apple leathers. They seem to dry out pretty severely here in the heat and sun of south Florida. I had a couple that had what looked like dried sweat that you would get with a black hat. Oiled it up with mineral oil and it helped for a few weeks at a time.

18. powerocool macrumors 6502

powerocool

Or just buy the matte black iPhone

19. predation macrumors 6502a

i was referring to the veil xt, unless they changed the material composition for the 7.

20. Jayjew macrumors 6502

Jayjew

21. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Going for spigen liquid armor black (iPhone 7 jet black)

22. Superrjamz54 macrumors regular

Superrjamz54

Just got my Storm Grey leather case. Love it

23. DNichter macrumors 68030

DNichter

Which is what I have, but I wanted a layer of protection. It essentially looks exactly the same as the back, but you can feel safe knowing you aren't scuffing it up.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 13, 2016 ---
    Maybe, I just don't see it possible for this one to stretch. It feels like a smooth matte black plastic, with a little grip to it.