Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Airplayallday

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2012
so its been 2 weeks or so since ive had my 7+ JB, I originally put it in a spigen clear case... its starting to look like ****, case is all scratched up already and really isn't up to par.

I'm planning on grabbing a leather case from apple and i'm on the fence about which particular colour to go with... at first I was fixed on the black model, but the red option has me thinking about it.

Just curious if anyone is currently using a leather case and what colour they went with for the jb

Thanks!

Reactions: powerocool

ApplePhan

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2012
Virginia Beach, VA
so its been 2 weeks or so since ive had my 7+ JB, I originally put it in a spigen clear case... its starting to look like ****, case is all scratched up already and really isn't up to par.

I'm planning on grabbing a leather case from apple and i'm on the fence about which particular colour to go with... at first I was fixed on the black model, but the red option has me thinking about it.

Just curious if anyone is currently using a leather case and what colour they went with for the jb

Thanks!

I went with the Black Leather case. It's nice. But people seem to think I shouldn't hide the pretty color.

mhaniff

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2012
NYC
I have a jet black 7+ with the navy color case. Coming from a white 6 plus with a black leather case, the navy adds a nice contrast to the black, also the case is a bit darker in person than what you see in the pictures below. I was going to get another black leather case but i figure i get something different (black was sold out anyways). Here are some pics of my JB and a video from YouTube with other colors. Hope this helps you with deciding on what color to get :)

031792D3-122F-4C66-886C-BE283C7C7E8E_zpsed5qonvw.jpg

E0BB7778-747C-4075-B575-77F394BC05C4_zpstffb71ay.jpg

Airplayallday

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2012
thanks a lot... that helps. I guess from reading reviews the red cases get dirty very quick. My local apple store is supposed to get a shipment of black cases this Friday maybe i'll get lucky

mhaniff

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2012
NYC
thanks a lot... that helps. I guess from reading reviews the red cases get dirty very quick. My local apple store is supposed to get a shipment of black cases this Friday maybe i'll get lucky

I've read issues with the red case and the edges on them deteriorating after time, it would definitively stand out but to each his own. Black on black works well too! Post some pics if you get it.

powerocool

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
Sea Blue? If you want it to pop a little more. I was considering this combination, but want to see how sea blue wears over time.

I'm currently rocking midnight blue silicone case JB 7+. I'm liking it.

LMMAACC

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2010
St Louis
I have the black leather case on my JB 7 Plus and love it. I had the leather case on my previous 6S plus. It is worth money

Airplayallday

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2012
Way too much bulk. Best case I have ever had is on my current Black 7+. Caudabe Veil XT in Stealth Black. You will love it.

I've had a leather case on my 6... I can appreciate the ultra thin case design there but I'm going more for the leather feel offered from apple... plus I don't find their case to be at all bulky... to each their own I guess.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I think the leather case looks and feels great when new but be ready for it to look beat to hell if you ever drop your phone. I realize it's premium materials and all that and I wasn't expecting leather to be magically damage proof but for my use it's just not worth the $50. I did keep it on my phone for over s year though.

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
Love my Black leather on MB.

I really like the look of the deep Brown leather on MB.

One thing with the Apple leathers. They seem to dry out pretty severely here in the heat and sun of south Florida. I had a couple that had what looked like dried sweat that you would get with a black hat. Oiled it up with mineral oil and it helped for a few weeks at a time.

Reactions: specialk0449

predation

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2013
This one is more of a hard case, with a grippy matte feel to it. Not the same as the one I had for my 6s. This is as close to naked as you can go, feels the same as the back of the black 7.

i was referring to the veil xt, unless they changed the material composition for the 7.

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Or just buy the matte black iPhone

Which is what I have, but I wanted a layer of protection. It essentially looks exactly the same as the back, but you can feel safe knowing you aren't scuffing it up.
[doublepost=1476365192][/doublepost]
i was referring to the veil xt, unless they changed the material composition for the 7.

Maybe, I just don't see it possible for this one to stretch. It feels like a smooth matte black plastic, with a little grip to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.