iPhone 7 Plus Lightning EarPods microphone not working sometimes

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Benz63amg, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Benz63amg macrumors 68020

Benz63amg

so I had a few occasions now when I'm listening to music with the iPhone 7 plus ear pods on my iPhone 7 plus and I get a phone call and I talk into the EarPods's microphone but nobody can hear me as if the microphone of the ear pods is not working, at other times it works fine, are my ear pods defective? Anyone else have this issue?

2. vajeff macrumors member

Yes, this occasionally happens to me as well. If I unplug then plug them back in they work again. Curious to see if anyone else is having this issue?

3. rijc99 macrumors 6502a

I've had them lose audio. Two different headsets. Unplug and plug fixes it. I hate this move to lightning headsets. Buggy.

4. Hooterville macrumors 65816

Hooterville

Forgetabout using those headphones. Apple wants you to buy the AirPods.

5. The Unseen macrumors member

The Unseen

Also my lightning EarPods sometimes don't work: people says that don't hear my voice, I've bought Sony earphones that I use with the adaptor, not a single problem

6. Eric5273 macrumors 6502a

I've had that happen as well a few times, but I've also had a few times when NOT using headphones that people couldn't hear me on a phone call. Because it has happened with both the headphones and the built-in mic, I've come to the conclusion that it is a software issue and hopefully will be corrected in an update.