Iphone 7 plus- notifications not working

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by drw, Oct 2, 2016.

1. drw macrumors member

I upgraded from 6 plus to 7 plus a few days ago, and today i just realized that I am no longer getting any notifications since starting to use my new phone. I have notifications turned on for many apps, including getting debit card alerts whenever I use my debit card. So I usually get several different notifications every day.

But I have not received a single one on my new 7 plus. I have checked all the settings and everything is setup correctly.

Anyone have any ideas??

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Is anything showing up in Notification Center? Have you tried enabling and disabling DND? Restarting the device?

3. drw thread starter macrumors member

Just says 'NO NOTIFICATIONS'

I have tried just about every setting (including restarting) that I can possibly think of.

It is really driving me crazy

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Might need to reset all settings if not even reinstall.

5. GlenK macrumors 6502a

GlenK

I have the 7 and most notifications started working after a day or two which has been normal in the past. But a few apps like ESPN I'm not receiving any notifications. I've restarted, turned on and off virtually everything related to notifications and still are receiving any notifications from these apps.

6. WeatherMate macrumors member

Try the factory reset option rather than restarting the phone, it might fix the notification issue. There are many minor bugs in iPhone 7. Apple is working to fix the newly detected bugs. They might launch the new updates soon and the new updates might fix this issue.

7. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

Would this not be software?

8. The Tos macrumors 6502a

Make sure the app is showing under notifications in settings. Sometimes after a restore notifications dont trigger the first time you go back into an app. Force close the app then re-open, should prompt you to allow notifications. I had this issue then noticed the apps werent listed in notifications in settings.